Sublime Forum

All files and folders missing in Sidebar - ST3 3033

Running Sublime Text 3 Build 3033 on Debian 64-bit

Occasionally when Quick Switching (ctrl-alt-P) to a project, all the files and folders in the sidebar are missing. Closing an re-opening Sublime Text 3 solves the issue and all the files re-appear. This issue only started to happen after upgrading to Build 3033, and only happens for a couple of projects.

Here is the series of events that I have found that cause the issue to arise:

Enter Project A - No problem
Close Sublime Text
Open Sublime Text - Open Project A
Quick Switch to Project B - No files exist

Both projects only have the following entries in the sublime-project file, and the paths are all relative to a central folder:

[code]{
“folders”:

{
		"path": "relative/path/to/project"
	}
]

}[/code]

I am willing to do some testing to help identify the bug, just not sure what other information would be useful to help identify why the bug is happening.

0 Likes

I seem to have the same issue, under ubuntu 12.04 64-bit.

even after closing and reopening ST3 doesnt make the files appear…
ST3 is pretty unusable for me at this moment

edit: ok, i just noticed something weird… when I click to open a folder and then RESIZE the sidebar, the files show up, sort of, but it renders them badly.
This looks like a platform specific graphical issue within ST3? (note that previous version of ST3 didnt have this problem and my ST2 that is still installed, works ok)

0 Likes

There must be other people having this issue too?
If i need to provide more information, please let me know

0 Likes

build 3035 is also suffering from this problem.
i’m now bakc at 3021.

0 Likes

Same issue here on OSX, build 3037.

0 Likes

This appears to be fixed in build 3038.

0 Likes

I still have this issue with 3038, on OS X.

0 Likes

3038 doesnt solve this for me neither.

Im glad 3021 is still in my download folder :smile:

0 Likes

Have you tried using full path instead? not sure how ST handles the paths internally but that could be a try to solve your issue…
at least so you can use newer versions until this is properly fixed :wink:

0 Likes

[quote=“Verhaeg”]Have you tried using full path instead? not sure how ST handles the paths internally but that could be a try to solve your issue…
at least so you can use newer versions until this is properly fixed :wink:[/quote]

I’m not sure if i get your suggestion. You mean the path in the project’s ‘folders’ setting? that one is already a full path

0 Likes

Yeah that was it… from the example you gave I thought you were using a relative path… (not even sure if that is possible actually)
I had this happen to me but when I with another project open that was using sshfs which I don’t think is your case so no more ideas so far…

0 Likes

Although this wasn’t happening to me in 3038, it is happening again now that I’ve upgraded to 3040. :frowning:

0 Likes

Still seeing this on 3041.

0 Likes

still on 3047,
looks like we’re stuck on ST2 for a while, even now ST3 is available for non-registered users

0 Likes

I’ve also filed this issue a while ago in github: github.com/SublimeText/Issues/issues/62

The lack of response in any way makes me totally lose faith in ST3 at this moment.

0 Likes

The only way to refresh it is to go “Find -> Find in Files” and that fixes it for a while, but you should not have to do that. I paid for my licence, but the folders never displayed right, this folder thing is not working. :cry:

0 Likes

3052 tried. still has this issue.
I’ve no problems in Windows (with the same user settings/packages)

0 Likes

I’ve upgraded my package control and soda theme…
it seems that ST3 3052 now actually works without a problem.

0 Likes

Every once in a while, this problem seems to come back when I switch project.
Maybe it has something to do with having multiple screens open or something?

0 Likes

Any progress on this issue?

The sidebar is completely useless for me now.
It used to help to restart sublimetext, but now it almost never displays properly.

0 Likes