Home Download Buy Blog Forum Support

orgmode

Re: orgmode

Postby sawfoot on Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:05 am

I started using sublime text as I wanted something like orgmode (but simpler), and didn't want to use a online outliner like workflowly (though I do love it).

I also have tried nearly all the todo plugins, including plain tasks, but wasn't quite happy with any of them. And I wanted something that would work well with markdown, and support a mixed list, of notes and todo items.

I have cobbled something together from a mish mash of other plugins. So the folding behaviour of SmartMarkDown is excellent. I particularly like the syntax of Markdone as it plays nice with markdown, and the solarized themes are nice - just need to modify them to highlight @ and # tags.
And on this thread there is some nice code for folding:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7963&p=39706&hilit=filter#p39706
And filtering:
http://superuser.com/questions/452189/h ... ime-text-2
And this might be useful:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=6301&p=30780&hilit=filter#p30780
sawfoot

Postby dannoffs on Sat May 25, 2013 4:38 pm

quodlibet wrote:I don't use the orgmode plugin these days. I use Sublime on both Windows and Linux (at work and home, respectively), so I need plugins to work in both OSs without driving me nuts.

I would like to see development of this plugin, or something like it, to pick up, but there doesn't seem to be much interest right now.

There's a long list of outliner/todo/notetaking plugins available for Sublime, but I haven't found any of them to be fully thought out.

I began putting together a package that suits my needs some time ago, but (not being a programmer) I keep stumbling with the functionality that needs to go in a plugin. I wonder if there's someone out there with python skillz and a familiarity with Sublime's API who would be interested in hacking at an Org-Mode/VimOutliner package for Sublime. I'm pretty sure there are other people looking for something like this; they're just hiding in the woodwork.

Alex

Hi Alex, i updated orgmode for sublime to work with windows/ubuntu/mac with sublime 2 and 3.

You will find it here: https://github.com/danielmagnussons/orgmode
dannoffs

Postby quodlibet on Sun May 26, 2013 6:07 am

Hi,

I've actually ended up using SmartMarkdown and MarkDo (the latter of these is my own concotion). But I'll have a look when I get the chance, to see if I can steal anything :)

Alex
quodlibet

Previous

Return to Plugin Announcements