Sublime Forum

Change default location when browsing for files

Hello,

I have recently startd using Sublime on Windows 7. Mostly I like it.

There is just one thing which is driving me completely mad!

I like to use the “Find in files…” functionality but every time I go to “add folder” it defaults to the System32 location on my C drive.

Now none of my files are even on my C drive and it’s a long and convoluted process to navigate through all the folders and get to where my files actually are. Therefore I just want to change this default location. So it is something I can choose eg. D://FolderOne/FolderTwo/FolderThree in which all my files are stored somewhere under that which I can easily navigate to.

This same issue also applies if you go to “file > open” for an existing file or “file” > “save as” for a new file. It defaults to the System32 location.

I have look at all the preferences and done a lot of googling and I can’t figure out how to do this.

Can someone please tell me how to change this as it is driving me nuts having to browse manually every time I use the program?

Thanks,

Nicole

0 Likes

Really no one can help me with this? Not even the Sublime regulars or admins?

I guess in this case Sublime is not for me… :frowning:

0 Likes

You can use plugins to sort of get around the creating new files and opening files, but I don’t know that there is a way to change the default location. This would be something I think jps would have to address.

0 Likes

I’m not sure what’s going on with your Sublime Text. For me, whenever I open a file or go to save a file, it defaults to the folder of the most-recently focussed file, which is super convenient.

0 Likes