Sublime Forum

New theme - Interest check

I was thinking of cleaning up my theme and making it available for everyone else but thought Iā€™ll check first to see if there where any interest for it.

I made a short ā€œpreviewā€ video showing the theme in action. Itā€™s fullscreen on linux but cut the menu bar on top to show it how itā€™s meant to be as I made it with distraction free fullscreen in mind.

Preview video on youtube

( I must add that I was disappointed that after switching to linux Iā€™m forced to have a menubar )

0 Likes

Nice theme bro. Though Iā€™m happy with mine (Base16-Tomorrow Night), it looks clean and really nice on the eye. Iā€™m sure ppl would be interested. Iā€™d certainly pull it down; itā€™s nice to change around sometimes so itā€™s always good to have some quality themes to dial up.

Amen to that. I can hardly wait to part with my hard-earned for ST3 once that gets fixed :wink:

0 Likes

I would use it over my modified version of Soda dark. :smile:

0 Likes

Definite interest here! It looks awesome!

Even if you donā€™t clean up the files Iā€™d love to use it.

0 Likes

Here is the rough version for now at least. Manual install (aka, copy paste + rename folder, see readme)

Scheme + Theme included

https://github.com/KonTrax/Themeā€”FindDontSearch

My visual settings for reference:

[code]
ā€œbold_folder_labelsā€: true,
ā€œdraw_indent_guidesā€: true,
ā€œdraw_minimap_borderā€: false,
ā€œdraw_white_spaceā€: ā€œselectionā€,
ā€œfade_fold_buttonsā€: false,
ā€œfont_faceā€: ā€œInconsolataā€,
ā€œfont_sizeā€: 10,
ā€œhighlight_lineā€: true,
ā€œindent_guide_optionsā€:

"draw_active"
],
"line_padding_bottom": 1,
"line_padding_top": 0,
"margin": 0,
"overlay_scroll_bars": "enabled",[/code]
0 Likes

Have anybody tried it? If so, no problems i hope. Havenā€™t experienced any myself but one never knows.

0 Likes

Tried it, but Sublime rejected it due to tons of trailing commas in the themeā€™s JSON. Probably doesnā€™t help that Iā€™m not using ST3.

0 Likes

Tried it, but the sidebar text is so darks as to be invisible, plus the way that all the filenames highlight when you rollover the sidebar anywhere was very annoying.

0 Likes

Thanks for putting it up!
I tried it, and I got the attached image.
Running ST3 latest build on a retina macbook pro os x 10.8.3

0 Likes

murphyspublic, that kind of errors Iā€™ve only seen when your themeā€™s files are incomplete, for example some of the images are missing.

I would make sure that the theme youā€™re using is complete, and not missing anything. :smile:

0 Likes

@Nilium:
hmm. I havenā€™t tested it for ST2 but seems like maybe I should have a look. Thanks for mentioning.

@handycam:
Hehe. My goal was to have the menu be as distraction free as possible and thus hiding it while not in use and bringing it forward when needed. If you have any ideas on other ways to handle it I am happy to give it a try.

@murphyspublic:
I had a quick look to be sure and I donā€™t think there should be any problems. Did you rename the directory to ā€œTheme - FindDontSearchā€?

0 Likes