Sublime Forum

Recursive folding

I use code folding a lot - for example to have a much better overview in structured translation files (*.yml) I get from WebtranslateIt that tend to be several thousand lines long.
Code folding definitely is a great time saver for me, but it would be even much better if folding could be recursive, i.e. when I unfold a block then all blocks contained therein should still stay folded (I believe Notepad++ offers this behaviour).

0 Likes

I’ve been looking for exactly this. Would be nice to have it as a setting you can set - either to allow saving folded states among the fold hierarchy (when you expand a parent fold the child folds stay the same as they were before the initial parent fold) or a setting for fold recursion.

0 Likes

and also +10 for “real”, i.e. syntax based folding - in opposition to the current, intendation based implementation.

I think code folding is the greatest weakness of ST right now, but I also saw that this is the #1 feature requested, so let’s hope this will be improved soon!

0 Likes

The language grammar system needs an overhaul, but I can’t see that happening for a long time

0 Likes