Sublime Forum

Printing

So I eventually had to start printing the stuff I’ve written. Sublime is great for authors too, except for one detail: I can’t frigging print from Sublime. I just assumed I could when I purchased it… what kind of editor doesn’t supporting printing!!!

So I print every document from another editor, which works, but feels really stupid.

0 Likes

How to print?

There are a number of posts about this very topic. There are also a number of plugins to print from the editor. I personally use ExportHtml, but there are others. Here’s a related thread Printing from Sublime Text 2?. And here is an alternative plugin for good measure (SublimePrint) To find more post, search for “printing” on the forum :smile:

0 Likes

Can’t make these work in Sublime Text 3

0 Likes

I am still on ST 2, however it might be worthwhile having a look at github.com/fraoustin/Sublime2pdf, maybe it works with ST 3 …

0 Likes

Alas, it doesn’t work in ST 3.

0 Likes

ExportHtml works fine on ST3. I use ST3 exclusively now, and I am the author of ExportHtml, and use it all of the time as well. You need to use the ST3 branch (probably a restart of ST3 after you install it would help as well).

ST3 branch: github.com/facelessuser/ExportHtml/tree/ST3

0 Likes

ExportHtml crashes ST3 for me every other time I use it. I tried it in ST2 where it’s stable, but it is a lame printing solution since it occasionally screws up formatting (line breaks and tabs in particular) and browsers aren’t exactly kind to where it breaks off the text upon new pages.

Sublime needs native printing.

0 Likes

[quote=“Arjan”]ExportHtml crashes ST3 for me every other time I use it. I tried it in ST2 where it’s stable, but it is a lame printing solution since it occasionally screws up formatting (line breaks and tabs in particular) and browsers aren’t exactly kind to where it breaks off the text upon new pages.

Sublime needs native printing.[/quote]

If you were using Build 3036, it was a bug in the editor, which I believe has been resolved. If you are seeing formatting issues, create an issue on the github page. Not that your particular issue can be fixed, but facelessuser is good about responding to issues and explaining if they can be fixed (from what I’ve seen anyways).

0 Likes

There were some recent changes to address line breaking in more sane positions. I would give it a try. And while I admit that I would like native printing in Sublime, that sadly isn’t the available right now.

As @skuroda suggested, creating issues on Github allows me to help you with issues.

I would also try and not to use words like “lame” when referring to plugins that people have put extensive effort in and developed in their free time, and allow you to use freely. I would instead say things like “not sufficient for what I want” or something like that. Though you are free to speak as you wish, I am more willing to put effort into helping people who are…more appreciative in the way they address issues. Just my two cents.

0 Likes

Hi,

Just installed this (using package manager).
Right clickign on a file shows me an export menu now but the HTML and BBCode submenus are both greyed out and cannot be selected.

I am using build 3038 of sublimetext 3 on 64 bit Windows 7.

Any idea what I’m doing wrong?

0 Likes

[quote=“netizensmith”]Hi,

Just installed this (using package manager).
Right clickign on a file shows me an export menu now but the HTML and BBCode submenus are both greyed out and cannot be selected.

I am using build 3038 of sublimetext 3 on 64 bit Windows 7.

Any idea what I’m doing wrong?[/quote]

[quote=“facelessuser”]ExportHtml works fine on ST3. I use ST3 exclusively now, and I am the author of ExportHtml, and use it all of the time as well. You need to use the ST3 branch (probably a restart of ST3 after you install it would help as well).

ST3 branch: github.com/facelessuser/ExportHtml/tree/ST3[/quote]

Package Control is not 100% ST3 ready. You should check compatibility / install instruction before installing any package via PC for now.

0 Likes

Many thanks. Option 1 in the instructions worked fine i.e. Not using package control.

0 Likes

For me, package control has been stable for a while now. I’ve installed ExportHtml, among other things, with it. You have to manually specify the URL (by using “Package Control: Add Repository” in the command palette). For ExportHtml, you would use github.com/facelessuser/ExportHtml/tree/ST3 You can then install normally through package control. Of course, the clone method works to, but since it’s not the master branch, you probably won’t get updates if they are made. Though, I think you can tell package control what branch to pull from for git repositories.

0 Likes

I second the pdf method.
Clean and simple export, easy print.

0 Likes