Sublime Forum

Fuzzy sublime

I recently switched from a NVIDIA to a ATI graphics card and now sublime text looks fuzzy. It looks like it is being rendered at the wrong resolution and then rescaled to fit the window. Image

0 Likes

Just for the record, I’m using an ATI card and never had a problem.

0 Likes

hi,

did you try runnig with the --opengl flag sublimetext.com/docs/command-line ?

ps: very odd problem :smile:

0 Likes

Running it with the --opengl flag makes everything sharp again. So it is only a problem in DirectX mode. I suppose I’ll can run it in OpenGL mode, then. Are there any drawbacks to doing so?

0 Likes

OpenGL mode is in general better, although there are reported flickering issues when transparent windows are around.

0 Likes

Hi
Same d3d fuzziness problem here. BUT… opengl didn´t work either. All around the main tab (menus, mini-map, etc.) looks good but in the main editor the text isn’t rendered. You can see the text for a fraction of a second and latter it disappear. With some themes, the actual line is visible, not with most of them. If you select some lines, the selection appears (no text) in different colour and can see indentation and tabulators, nothing else.

Using Windows 7 x64, Ati 5770.

Any ideas?

Cheers
Jor-G

0 Likes

Hello
I like to keep using Sublime, but can’t see the solution to this problem. I’ve changed from nvidia to Ati, and have the fuzzy text render (very annoying). Opengl do not render at all.
Maybe somebody can give me an advice about anyone of this problems. Maybe failed to uninstall a key driver component or need something else.
Yesterday installed the last beta. No luck.

Any idea is welcome.

Thank you in advance
Jor-G

0 Likes

Well, playing with Catalist control center’s settings, (Anti-Aliasing and Catalis A.I. specifically) I manage to eliminate both problems.

Thank you for your concern,
Jor-G

0 Likes

Glad to hear it, as I was all out of ideas

0 Likes

Sublime 2 / strange look on second screen