Home Download Buy Blog Forum Support

possible to add a 'sublime' windows action to right click?

possible to add a 'sublime' windows action to right click?

Postby shawn on Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:16 pm

When I right click on a folder in Windows I get a windows dialog with multiple options for the folder. It would be really awesome if one of the options was the ability to open all the files in the folder within Sublime Text.

Example:
I also have textpad installed, and when I right click on a text file, I have the option of opening in Textpad. I do NOT have this option for sublime and I don't know why. I want to be able to do that as sublime is so much better than textpad.

Is this currently possible to add this support?

*One of the coolest features of sublime that I use all the time is to open an entire folder of files so that I can search the entire folder for a string. That comes in very handy and it would be so much easier if I could activate that feature via right-click on a folder instead of having to first open sublime and then browse to the folder I want to open.

I'm sure hoping there might be an action addon somewhere that would accomplish this as it would make this so much faster to activate.
shawn

Re: possible to add a 'sublime' windows action to right click?

Postby adzenith on Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:58 pm

Sublime Text doesn't install these extensions itself, but Windows lets you do it. Something like this:
http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows- ... all-files/
adzenith

Postby shawn on Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:27 pm

thanks for the link. That works for file types, but not for folders.

Is there a similar trick that I can use so that when I right click on a folder, I can get the dialog to open the entire folder contents with sublime?
*similar to how it works when I open sublime then choose file->open folder
shawn

Postby adzenith on Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:28 pm

Oh, it doesn't work for folders? That's weird.
I'm on OS X, so I can't really play around and try to figure something out for Windows...
adzenith

Return to General Discussion