Sublime Forum

Ctrl+D find behaviour change in ST3?

Hi,

I’ve been running ST3 for a few days now, but it’s really bugging me that the Ctrl+D behaviour seems to have changed.
Previously if I put the cursor in a variable and pressed Ctrl+D, it would only pick up instances of that variable. If I highlighted some text, it would pick that string up everywhere.

Now it seems to do the latter all the time. I’ve looked through the release logs and the settings file but can’t find a way to set it back to how it was.

eg in the following code, the ST2 behaviour matches timeBlock’s 1 and 3, and ST3 matches all three:

var timeBlock = this.getChildControl("timeBlock"); timeBlock.removeAll();

Can anyone help?

Many thanks

0 Likes

Are you sure? In ST2 and ST3 ctrl+D matches(and always has for me) all 3 instances . AFAIK, ST has never been variable aware, all it does is match the whole word vs a selection and in this case all 3 instances are the whole word. Change one of them to timeBlockXXX and you should be able to observe the difference

0 Likes

Hmm. Yes, looks like that was a bad example. :blush:

I’ll have another play - I know when I started using ST3 the other day that I was having an issue I wasn’t before, I’ll try and find an example.

0 Likes

It does what you described for me: If I have an empty selection, and start hitting cmd+d, then it’ll select the whole word and then identical whole words. If I have a non-empty selection, it’ll select any instance (whole word or not) of what’s selected.

0 Likes