Sublime Forum

Preference Helper [ST2/3]

Hi,

today I will announce a small but very handy extension for Sublime Text 2 and 3. I was always a wee but annoyed of settings the preferences because I always could not remember the right name of the option; that is “Preference Helper” for.

Feature

• Auto complete the available options (parsed from the default file).

• Toggle between the user and default file

• Open any available setting file from the keyboard

• Option to protect the default sublime-settings file to avoid changes

Screenshot
http://github.latexing.com/preference_helper_2.gif

Documentation
The extension can be found here:
github.com/Chris—/SublimeText … nce-Helper

Enjoy the package, if you would like to help improving the plugin, please feel free to contribute on github.

Chris

0 Likes

Please don’t override (default) keyboard shortcuts.
E.g.:

{ "keys": "ctrl+alt+up"], "command": "select_lines", "args": {"forward": false} }
0 Likes

On OSX that was free, sorry for that, changed it to “alt+o”, since this is simular to “Switch Header/Implementation” and nothing simular available for sublime-settings files.

0 Likes

It’s a good idea to not provide any shortcuts at all. A menu like this would suffice: (http://img.iamntz.com/jing/2013-06-18-19@19h41_27.png)
(for autocomplete space would do)

Oh, and btw, the plugin is pretty neat :wink: Except that on Windows it does exactly nothing :smiley: (no errors in console either)

0 Likes

I hope you didn’t use Alt+O on OS X too. Never use Alt shortcuts on OS X, unless combined with another modifier. We want to keep our national characters, thank you. :smile: I agree with iamntz that it is a good idea to avoid key bindings unless really necessary.

0 Likes

No I used the OS X shortcut on windows before, I guess it is good to have a shortcut to toggle between user and default setting file (it is for me like switching between header and implementation, so reasonable to me).

Chris

0 Likes