Sublime Forum

PyQt4 and WebKit integration

Hi,

I was on Windows today, so I’ve made some tests with Sublime + PyQt4.
Here’s a little plugin to show you that we can embed WebKit inside Sublime for a HTML preview.

At start, you’ll see this :

Using the Pygmentize button:

the sources are here :
http://www.mediafire.com/?lyghio3xjy9

Before using it :

How to use it:

• Decompress all the files in “C:\Documents and Settings<username>\Application Data\Sublime Text\Packages\User” (I’m under XP)

Inside the console, type “view.runCommand(‘preview’)” (you can add a shortcut latter on)

• If you were editing an (X)HTML file, press the “View HTML edited…” button, you’ll see it inside WebKit;
  • In other cases, press “Pygmentize view” button to render a HTMLized version of the file you were editing with syntax highlighting.

There are some know problems (changing the view won’t work), but I think it’s a good start.

See you :

Kib.

0 Likes

Hi Sublimator,

sorry for the duplicate, I was aware that you build a live preview window, but not that it uses PyQt4.
Thanks anyway for those tips,
see you :

Kib.

0 Likes

kib – if you want write access to the community svn, gimme a shout via a forum message, and I’ll get you on.

svn: code.google.com/p/sublime-text-c … -packages/

0 Likes

Hi Steve,

Sorry, I’ve tried to join you by PM, but it failed.
I’ll be glad to be added to the svn contributors as you told me, even if I don’t have much time yet.

I’ve seen on your blog that you’re playing with Lisp : nice toy ! I’m learning it too, but I’m really a newbie.

See you,

Kib².

0 Likes

kib – email me at steve @att stevecooper d0tt org.

0 Likes