Home Download Buy Blog Forum Support

New SFTP plugin needs testers: Update: Linux and OSX support

Re: New SFTP plugin needs testers

Postby CodeEffect on Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:51 pm

Some basic feature detection added. Now it should play nice with UNIX ls and with [t]csh shells. Only tested the new changes against FreeBSD so reports against other OS's are very welcome.

[t]csh, bash and sh should all work too. Again, reports against other shells are welcome.

I still need to add the check for grep < 2.5.2 which is where "--exclude=dir" was added but everything else should work as is including cataloging.
CodeEffect

Postby CodeEffect on Sun Jun 16, 2013 12:19 am

Linux and OSX support added!

I've no test machine for OSX but I'm hoping that as it should be very, very similar to linux (using the command line ssh and sftp apps) most things should just work. Some stuff is going to be broken though so your feedback on any and all issues would be hugely appreciated. Get on it people :D
CodeEffect

Postby bianjiang on Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:52 pm

CodeEffect wrote:Linux and OSX support added!

I've no test machine for OSX but I'm hoping that as it should be very, very similar to linux (using the command line ssh and sftp apps) most things should just work. Some stuff is going to be broken though so your feedback on any and all issues would be hugely appreciated. Get on it people :D

Nice work... :) I found two issues running this on OSX
1) In get_arithmetic(), it gives error, since self.get_settings().get("%s:shell" % self.serverName) can give None

shellSettings = self.get_settings().get("%s:shell" % self.serverName)
if shellSettings != None and "csh" in shellSettings:

2) OSX doesn't have ssh-askpass, so it would fail... You'll need to have this to get ssh-askpass.
https://github.com/markcarver/mac-ssh-askpass
But I think you can wrap it within your plugin, so we don't have to install this to the /usr/libexec folder manually

Cheers,

Jiang
bianjiang

Re: New SFTP plugin needs testers: Update: Linux and OSX support

Postby CodeEffect on Sun Jun 16, 2013 5:13 pm

Cheers, first one was reported as a bug at about the same time that you posted here I think and is now fixed.

With regard to the second, you shouldn't need SSH Askpass, where I referenced it I was trying to disable (and failing) but it should work without it.
CodeEffect

Postby phyllisstein on Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:01 pm

I just wanted to say that I've been using this fairly frequently for a few days now and it's working beautifully. Many thanks!
phyllisstein

Postby CodeEffect on Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:35 pm

No worries at all dude, glad it's of use.

Also, thank *you* for taking time to write the bug report and assisting with debugging the issue + and of course the star.

If there are any others out there that get use out of it, star's on github are always appreciated :)
CodeEffect

Previous

Return to Plugin Announcements