Sublime Forum

Sublime lagging?

Hi there,

After the recent update, there seems to be a nagging lag while typing.

At the point of creating this topic, i am running version 3 build 3041.

These are the issues i am facing

1. Delay when typing:** I did’nt have this problem before i updated to the current build**. There is a little lag as i type, i have to wait for the characters to appear.

2. Cursor location:** sublime does’nt seem to save the cursor location**. A typical scenario is:
    [list=]Am editing a html/php file
    I leave sublime text to refresh the browser
    When i come back and click on sublime, the cursor moves to the area where i clicked rather than holding its position. I believe this was not the case previously.
    I have a multi-monitor setup so, clicking is the easiest option for me. This definitely adds a little frustration since i keep doing this a lot.
    [/list]

3. Sounds while typing: Not really sure if it this is an issue. There is a audio feed back (like a bubble sound) as i type in sublime. This really makes me go nuts :smile: . I am not sure where to turn off these sounds? Any suggestions?

Thanks

0 Likes

It definitely sounds like you have installed some other software that is causing these issues in Sublime Text. Maybe a keyboard logger or some macro utility?

0 Likes

Hi there
I believe that is not the case.
I dont’ have the “lag” in other applications, only sublimtext. And it started only after updating to the latest build.

0 Likes

Hi again
I just updated to the more recent build 3044 and the lag got even worse. I literally need to stop typing and wait for the characters to appear on screen

I really need help on this one, it is starting to get unusable. Any suggestions?

FYI, my system specs: Intel i7, Windows 7 64-Bit,RAM - 10 GB
Definitely enough hard disk space and processing power.

I don’t think it is because of any hardware limitations.

0 Likes

It could be caused by a third party plugin, I’ve had simliar issues like you’ve described when a plugin was eating up the CPU. You could try reseting your install to a fresh state sublimetext.com/blog/article … text-2-faq

0 Likes

For now, i reverted to sublime 2. I am hoping this can be fixed in future versions :frowning:

0 Likes

I got the same problem it was in my fall the gitGutter plugin.

0 Likes