Sublime Forum

Some interesting IDEs

Just came across something interesting, thought I share this perhaps this could giv some insights into potential new features. My apologies if this is something that everyone is aware of already.

chris-granger.com/2012/04/12 … e-concept/

brackets.io/

or any of these: codemirror.net/
Adobe Brackets
WebKit Web inspector

jsfiddle.net
Bitbucket
Google Apps Script
Eloquent JavaScript
Emmet
Prose.io
Upsource
Paper.js
Codev
Tributary
WeScheme
Mergely
WebGL playground
The File Tree
JSHint
SQLFiddle
CSSDeck
sketchPatch Livecodelab
NoTex
GitHub’s Android app
More…

0 Likes

Some of the given features are already available as a package:

Perhaps some more?
Just in the case you are missing them inside SB

0 Likes

Thanks for bringing this up. I was actually thinking about some of this stuff. :smile:

Bracket’s CSS editing features are a must IMO. Click on the HTML element and brings up the CSS rules for that right up inside the same file… ish. Brilliant.

And Light Table, OMG that’s great. Just tried it out, a little disappointed it’s still not at a good stage for web development. Still something to look forward to though.

0 Likes

Light Table has huge potential. I’d like to see Sublime Text evolve into something like it.

0 Likes

I agree @icylace. ST is already something amazing, but something that makes it really stand out from the rest of the text editors is necessary, right now it’s speed and customizability are it’s only tools.

While we’re on this, I would love if ST someday went open source, like if you bought a license you can help with the code. :smile:

0 Likes