Sublime Forum

Dev Build 3046

Hey n00ge,

I did some googling and here is what I found:

If you haven’t already seen this yet, wbond has put a great list of Sublime Text 3 compatible packages available here: (https://github.com/wbond/sublime_package_control/wiki/Sublime-Text-3-Compatible-Packages)

I hope this helps you out.

0 Likes

I do have a problem with this new build, the plugin LaTeXing is working normally if it is unpack in “Packages” but if it is running from the *.sublime-package the following warning comes up:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Program Files\Sublime Text 3\sublime_plugin.py", line 73, in reload_plugin
    m = importlib.import_module(modulename)
  File "X/importlib/__init__.py", line 88, in import_module
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 1577, in _gcd_import
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 1558, in _find_and_load
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 1525, in _find_and_load_unlocked
  File "C:\Program Files\Sublime Text 3\sublime_plugin.py", line 671, in load_module
    exec(compile(source, source_path, 'exec'), mod.__dict__)
  File "LaTeXing in C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\Sublime Text 3\Installed Packages\LaTeXing3.sublime-package", line 3, in <module>
ImportError: No module named 'LaTeXing3.latexing.bibsonomy'
0 Likes

With regards to LaTeXing, the .sublime-package file contains .pyc files, which aren’t supported by Sublime Text’s custom importer

0 Likes

[quote=“john_ferrier”]In C mode and Monokai scheme, if I have a line

[size=150]#define sign(a) (((a) > 0) - ((a) < 0))[/size]

ST display the first “a” in the round bracket as orange and italic.
[/quote]

@jps: can you confirm this is a bug (it is produceable) and will you fix it if it is?

0 Likes

@john_ferrier: As I said, your reported behaviour is not a bug, it’s the other way arround. See github.com/SublimeText/Issues/issues/71.

However, I’d like to ask @jps what he thinks about having the default packages (C++, Python …) uploaded to github while having selected people watch over them and just pulling them for every release (maybe checking commits for the changelog). With this we could easily fix issues like this one without having you bother with these external things.

0 Likes

This is mostly a mental note for myself, but Package Control is going to need to be updated to always unpack such packages. Until then, package authors can place a file named .no-sublime-package in the root of their package and PC will not re-pack it.

0 Likes

Maybe you should clarify that *.pyc just don’t work within a .sublime-package, extracted everything is fine…

0 Likes

No pyc is a pretty shitty limitation for commercial plugins

I think @wbond releases some of his plugins in that form?

0 Likes

They work, see my post above.

0 Likes

The importer still has issues, a plugin with a SyntaxError (e.g. just print 'x' without braces) results in

reloading plugin User.analyse File "C:\Users\schlaich\Sublime Text 3\sublime_plugin.py", line 71, in reload_plugin m = imp.reload(m) File "X/imp.py", line 252, in reload File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 586, in _check_name_wrapper File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 1023, in load_module File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 1004, in load_module File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 562, in module_for_loader_wrapper File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 854, in _load_module File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 981, in get_code File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 313, in _call_with_frames_removed None

0 Likes

Plus there is really strange behavior for function call argument mismatch on embedded console:

[code]>>> from User.preferences import _set_font_size

_set_font_size(1)
File “”, line 1, in
None
[/code]

Expected is TypeError: _set_font_size() takes no arguments (1 given)

0 Likes

Ah sorry, the exception issues are introduced by LaTeXing: bitbucket.org/LaTeXing/latexing … -for-every

(Note to myself: check all issues with plain ST without plugins)

0 Likes

Just not with .sublime-package zips ?

0 Likes

I’ve got nothing against pyc files, the code just hasn’t been written. I’m happy to accept patches against sublime_plugin.py if anyone needs support.

0 Likes

lol, love how you added a ? to the quote, subtle :smile:

0 Likes

Typo, fixed now :slight_smile:

0 Likes

lol, you removed it, I thought it was intentional, questioning teh blah

0 Likes

[quote=“castles_made_of_sand”]

Just not with .sublime-package zips ?[/quote]

yes

0 Likes

I’m still having the issue that deleting a folder is occasionally locked by Sublime.

0 Likes

I’ve had this issue too on Windows 7 x64, but haven’t been able to reliably reproduce it.

0 Likes