Sublime Forum

3dmax and Python

with control package which are the most useful package to work with 3dmax and python
thanks

0 Likes

no advice here? or my question is to silly?

0 Likes

thanks in advance

0 Likes

I don’t know anything about 3Ds Max - isn’t that an interactive graphics program? Or did you mean something else? Anyhow, it would maybe be a better idea to check out their support fora for ideas on how to best use a text editor with that program.

The built-in python support in Sublime Text is already pretty good. One useful addition is SublimeREPL, Python Auto-Complete, and maybe SublimeLint. That depends of course on what you want to do. The best place to start is on the search page for Package Control: wbond.net/sublime_packages/community. There you can find out about all the different packages that are available.

Hope that helps.

0 Likes

thanks for the link very kind from you. My point is waht colud be some package that help me with MAXSCRIPT not for the use as 3d App. is for the work in MaxScript Sublime Text option.
thanks any ways

0 Likes

Hey Makenson I am a heavy 3ds max user as well. I would love to hear if anyone comes up with an answer.
I have not jumped into scripting for it yet but I am intrigued.

So no it is not a silly question.

Honestly from what I understand Maya is the way to go if you like the command line.

Good luck and Render like the wind dude!

0 Likes