Sublime Forum

Color Schemes and Themes

Figured I’d make a thread to index schemes and themes to make them easier to share and find.

Feel free to post anything you want to share or if you have any ideas on how to make the thread better. Was thinking of posting thumbs for all the schemes and themes but thought it might get messy.

Color Schemes

Themes

Links

0 Likes

Thanks, I think this is useful.

0 Likes

Thanks! I installed the Alternate theme, it’s great! I had wanted a light theme (I use a light scheme and the brownish default theme doesn’t go well together with it). (I pondered necroing the old thread, but posted here instead.)

0 Likes

Glad the thread is being helpful :]

0 Likes

I would kill for a theme with a gray background… :mrgreen: I use the default one normally, but during the day I’d like a brighter background. Only iPlastic comes remotely close to what I have in mind…

0 Likes

Have you checked out http://wiki.macromates.com/Themes/UserSubmittedThemes?

All of them should work just fine with Sublime.

0 Likes

Have you guys tried this! It randomly generated Textmate themes that work great with Sublime.

inspiration.sweyla.com/code/

0 Likes

That’s pretty cool. Thanks for sharing the link.

0 Likes

Very cool indeed!

0 Likes

i miss sublime, im in linux now… huhuhuhu! no wine for me thank you…

0 Likes

I run Sublime using Crossover Pro (on Debian) and it works perfectly. Should at least give it a try. :wink:

0 Likes

Hey guys. I have been making this color scheme for the past couple of days and, now that I’m finished with it, I thought I’d share it with you.
It’s a combination of Monokai and one other color scheme, Brilliance Black. I’ve tweaked most of the settings so that each and every element is clearly visible, but it’s to my personal liking, so it probably won’t suit everyone. I present to you: Sublimey :smiley:

Hope you like it!

PREVIEW

0 Likes

Hey, thanks for posting. Looks interesting though a bit distracting. When I first started looking for and messing with themes I came across one that had a pretty good idea behind the styling. It had a palette ranging from dark to light and the importance of the element being styled decided how bright or dark it would be styled as the eye is naturally drawn to things that are brighter.

You can find that theme at: http://wiki.macromates.com/Themes/UserSubmittedThemes. Scroll down to Dominion Day to get a look at it and the basic idea behind it.

Perhaps you could mess with your theme and make it a bit more usable, but if you’re happy with it that’s all that matters.

Feel free to post a link to download it and I’ll add it to the list :]

0 Likes

[quote=“Anomareh”]Hey, thanks for posting. Looks interesting though a bit distracting. When I first started looking for and messing with themes I came across one that had a pretty good idea behind the styling. It had a palette ranging from dark to light and the importance of the element being styled decided how bright or dark it would be styled as the eye is naturally drawn to things that are brighter.

You can find that theme at: http://wiki.macromates.com/Themes/UserSubmittedThemes. Scroll down to Dominion Day to get a look at it and the basic idea behind it.

Perhaps you could mess with your theme and make it a bit more usable, but if you’re happy with it that’s all that matters.

Feel free to post a link to download it and I’ll add it to the list :][/quote]

Yeah, now that I think about it, it IS really bright. I spent a lot of time just finding a way to colorize this bracket or this dot, that I totally forgot about usability. I just made it bright so it would stick out. I’ll work on it today and I’ll post the results.

EDIT: Here it is. I’ve made it a lot more subtle and it’s a lot easier on the eyes and not that distracting. I took a little from Twilight, which was my personal favorite before this one :smile:

Anyhow, here’s the preview and I’ve attached the theme in a file.

Cheers!
Sublimey.rar (1.71 KB)

0 Likes

Just wanted to share my current setup :smile:

Here’s what it looks like *(http://i.imgur.com/pKqId.png) (I’m using this plugin to hide the menubar)

The Theme was loosely based off of the Minimal theme by myel.
The Colorscheme is just a slight modification of Monokai to fit the theme.

I attached the file with the theme and color scheme!
Minimal.zip (161 KB)*

0 Likes

Thanks for posting that theme :] Added.

If you could come up with a quick name for it so it’s a bit easier to differentiate it from myel’s theme that’d be awesome.

0 Likes

That looks cool!

After the public version of Sublime Text X is available (this month, hopefully), I’d love to include some of these themes by default. While they would have to be redone for the new theme system in X, it is at least more flexible.

0 Likes

Hmm, how about we call it “Clean and Usable” or just “Clean”. What ever fits, im horrible with naming things =P

0 Likes

Me too heh. Clean and Usable is fine. Post updated.

0 Likes

how exactly does the theming system works in X ? Can I create a separate theme, without touching the “Theme - Default” folder? How can I choose between those themes than?

And how (the hell) can I finally change this color:

I thougth that it was the “background_color” value in here:

{
        "id": "quick_panel",
        "class": "quick_panel",
        "row_padding": [2, 1],
        "background_color": [10, 10, 10, 255] // <---
    }

I think it worked once, but it doesn’t anymore… :confused: This color is my nemesis in theming the X.

0 Likes