Sublime Forum

Many topics without support!

im impresive about the number of topics that dont have support by the"support" and also the very complicate way to get the package in working manner. :cry:

0 Likes

There isn’t really any promised support. Whether you paid for ST or not, you’re not paying for support.

Just wanted to put that out there. Also, the most support you will get is from users, and if users don’t know the answer to your question then you won’t get an answer.

I see the posts you made were about 3ds Max and Python, correct?

0 Likes

Yes i bought ST two days ago and i was very stupid thinking i will have some support or help here or from the developer.
Thanks very much for your time to answer my post.
I apologize for searching here some support.

0 Likes

[quote=“Makenson”]Yes i bought ST two days ago and i was very stupid thinking i will have some support or help here or from the developer.
Thanks very much for your time to answer my post.
I apologize for searching here some support.[/quote]

Oh come on now. Users here are happy to help any way they can. But you have to have reasonable expectations as to what you will get. In your first thread you started to complain about the lack of responses after just a few hours. That is not reasonable.

And what’s with the attitude? “Is my question too silly?” “I apologize for seeking support.” That’s not the way to get support.

0 Likes

so what can i do? before i claim for the support nobody get support and after that “That’s not the way to get support”. OK, how i can get some help? i send email to the “support” option and nothing.
Please let me know what i have to do and also in what manner to be not ofensive to anybody,just say me the right way and i will do.
thanks

0 Likes

The packages are made by third-party developers. jps (ST developer) has no obligation to know or endorse these packages. Since you didn’t get an answer t your topic, it’s fair to say that no such packages exist, or at least that very few people use ST for 3D max. As you can see, most topics have replies.

0 Likes

Ok, my friend i understand now. No help= no package.
is better to know that.
many thanks for take your time.
byby

0 Likes

Most of the packages are hosted on github or bitbucket. You could always try creating issues there. I’m sure there are package developers that do not actively browse the forum.

0 Likes

No, I don’t think that is accurate at all. You asked for people to help you figure out how to use Sublime Text with 3DSMax. That isn’t really a problem, feature, or much of anything to do with Sublime Text. Since there have been no responses, I would presume very few people have tried to do that before. You could contribute to the forum by posting once you figure it out!

In general, if you want support from other users, try asking questions that are not open ended. Don’t ask “How can I make a web page with Sublime Text?” Instead ask “How do I make Sublime Text auto-close my HTML tags?” Or, “How can I upload a file to an FTP server?” or “How can I generate CSS from LESS files using Sublime Text?”

I hope this can help you ask better questions and get more help in the future.

0 Likes

[quote=“wbond”]

“How can I upload a file to an FTP server?”[/quote]

A month and no answer. I think this is the problem of ST, it is good but very close, if it is a open-source that people will still pay and the community will be bigger.

0 Likes

[quote=“metRo_”]Edit remote documents

A month and no answer. I think this is the problem of ST, it is good but very close, if it is a open-source that people will still pay and the community will be bigger.[/quote]

There is a huge open source community around Sublime Text. Making the core open source is seems unlikely to improve the support aspect. There are already similar open source editors, such as Geany.

Your post did not receive an answer because you didn’t provide enough useful details. How are you opening the file in Sublime Text via FTP? Are you using the SFTP, FTPSync, Mote, rsub or some other package? Are you mounting the FTP server as a folder in Ubuntu and then opening the file?

Plus, you are greatly exaggerating. It has been 16 days since you posted your request - not a month.

0 Likes