Sublime Forum

"View file in Explorer"

I searched through some menus and through the forum a bit, and couldn’t find the answer:
Is there a way to open a Windows Explorer window with the currently active file selected? Ideally I could right-click on the tab and have the option to do so.
When I hover over a tab, I can see the path in the status bar, but it’s like it’s teasing me: I can see the path down there, and if only I could move my mouse fast enough, maybe I could copy that path and paste it somewhere… (not really, obviously).
Thanks!

0 Likes

You can right click in the view (rather than the tab), and select “Open containing folder”

0 Likes

Perfect! That’s exactly what I wanted.
Thanks.

0 Likes

I just realized this would really be useful in conjunction with Total Commander (which is what I use to browser folders).
Is there any way to use a viewer other than explorer?

0 Likes

Internally, it’s just doing a ShellExecute on the directory, I believe it’s possible to setup Total Commander to have it respond to the open command rather than explorer, but I’m not familiar with the program myself. Failing that, you could write a plugin to do it.

0 Likes

I searched around for a bit, but it looks like replacing the default file explorer requires registry hacks.

I’ll probably write a plugin for it soon.

0 Likes