Sublime Forum

Quick Switch Project just does not compute

Either something is very wrong or the functionality of “Quick Switch Project” completely escapes me.

Here’s what I’m seeing:

I have four projects.
I can zip between them using “Open Recent”
The project files are all in a directory I named SublimeProjects.

When I type ctrl-command-p I get a window and it almost always displays only the currently open project.
Once in a while another project slips in there, sometimes even two, but when I use that switching window
a few times the other projects eventually disappear. Typing in the text box doesnt reveal anything new.

I cannot find any deliberate thing I can do to populate that box. Other projects appearing seems random.

Also, the “switch project” dialog box does nothing when I choose a project file.

0 Likes

In my experience, the only time a project will not appear in the Switch Project dialog is if it is already open in one of the ST windows. Also, I’ve never had any project I’ve ever opened disappear from the list.

0 Likes

Ok thanks to your reply I think I figured out what was going on. Since I was mixing “switching” with “opening” I had some projects in other main windows, and, as you mentioned, having a project in a main window, “ST window”, removes it from the switching window. From my point of view it was chaotic.

I didn’t even realize there were multiple ST windows open. Boy, those are a terrible idea. alt-` between those windows is just disorienting since there’s no clear indicator of what project it actually contains. I see that ST3 is adding a “switch project” menu item. Maybe this will make it a little more obvious as to whats going on.

My opinion, for maximum clarity, only allow one project at a time to be open, switching is just so easy anyway, and I cant picture myself needing two projects open side by side.

0 Likes

there is an indicator of what project each window contains.
It’s on the top window bar, between the title of the tab and “Sublime text”. If you’re viewing a file called “test.py” in a project called “Test_proj” then what you see is

test.py (Test_proj) Sublime text

0 Likes