Home Download Buy Blog Forum Support

Quick Switch Project just does not compute

Quick Switch Project just does not compute

Postby KMS on Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:14 am

Either something is very wrong or the functionality of "Quick Switch Project" completely escapes me.

Here's what I'm seeing:

I have four projects.
I can zip between them using "Open Recent"
The project files are all in a directory I named SublimeProjects.

When I type ctrl-command-p I get a window and it almost always displays only the currently open project.
Once in a while another project slips in there, sometimes even two, but when I use that switching window
a few times the *other* projects eventually disappear. Typing in the text box doesnt reveal anything new.

I cannot find any deliberate thing I can do to populate that box. Other projects appearing seems random.

Also, the "switch project" dialog box does nothing when I choose a project file.
KMS

Re: Quick Switch Project just does not compute

Postby wbond on Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:58 am

In my experience, the only time a project will not appear in the Switch Project dialog is if it is already open in one of the ST windows. Also, I've never had any project I've *ever* opened disappear from the list.
wbond

Postby KMS on Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:01 am

Ok thanks to your reply I think I figured out what was going on. Since I was mixing "switching" with "opening" I had some projects in other main windows, and, as you mentioned, having a project in a main window, "ST window", removes it from the switching window. From my point of view it was chaotic.

I didn't even realize there were multiple ST windows open. Boy, those are a terrible idea. alt-` between those windows is just disorienting since there's no clear indicator of what project it actually contains. I see that ST3 is adding a "switch project" menu item. Maybe this will make it a little more obvious as to whats going on.

My opinion, for maximum clarity, only allow one project at a time to be open, switching is just so easy anyway, and I cant picture myself needing two projects open side by side.
KMS

Postby sfranky on Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:07 am

there *is* an indicator of what project each window contains.
It's on the top window bar, between the title of the tab and "Sublime text". If you're viewing a file called "test.py" in a project called "Test_proj" then what you see is

test.py (Test_proj) Sublime text
sfranky

Return to General Discussion