Sublime Forum

Please fixme: A reproducible bug in set_viewport_position

Hi,

I found a way to reproduce a bug found in ā€œset_viewport_positionā€

1 - With default sublime installation and no plugins. Even with all the default py files uninstalled (this makes no difference).
2 - Save this script as file set_viewport_position_bug.py

import sublime, sublime_plugin class setviewport_bug(sublime_plugin.EventListener): def on_load(self, view): view.set_viewport_position((0, 500), False) print view.viewport_position()

This will set the vertical position to 500 on every file you open.

3 - Now open a big file via ā€œmain menu barā€ -> ā€œfileā€ -> ā€œopen fileā€
I selected for convenience the file ā€œPackages/Color Scheme - Default/Monokai.tmThemeā€ (please select the same file.)
You will see that the view port is scrolled correctly to 500.
You can check this from the console with :

>>> sublime.active_window().active_view().viewport_position() (0.0, 500.0)
4 - Now, here is the bug.
Open the same file via the sidebar. And you will notice that the view is not scrolled.

>>> sublime.active_window().active_view().viewport_position() (0.0, 20.0)

It stay on (0.0, 20.0). Iā€™m not sure the reason on this, but it seems that there is something in the sidebar that is setting this value to 20.
This same thing happens when using ā€œCTRL+Pā€, so I guess this has somthing to do with the code of the ā€œpreviewā€

Can you please do a quick check if there is something there overwriting this value. Because most of the time is unusable and this api is very handy.

I would recommend to use the file ā€œPackages/Color Scheme - Default/Monokai.tmThemeā€ because the problem is reproducible 100%

Thanks.

0 Likes

API Requests

This is very strange because is only happening with some file types.

For example if I rename Monokai.tmTheme to Monokai.css this is not reproducible.

This seems to be reproducible with xml, txt, html and I donā€™t know if more files.

0 Likes

I just updated the example:

import sublime, sublime_plugin class setviewport_bug(sublime_plugin.EventListener): def on_load(self, view): view.set_viewport_position((0, 500), False) print (view.viewport_position())
Save this a bug.py

• Open a big file, with more than 30 lines
  • The first time it opens is stay at line 1.
  • The next time you open this file will scroll correctly.

Problems:
Now not only the view is not scrolled, the following API call is lying.

print (view.viewport_position())

is printing (0.0, 500.0)
But that is not correct because the first visible line is 1. And also this is confirmed by

sublime.active_window().active_view().viewport_position()

Which display (0.0, 0.0)

It looks like sublime text, overwrite the scroll the first time the file is opened.
The problem is always reproducible when you open a file from -> File -> Open Recent -> Pick the file.

Please fix! :unamused:

0 Likes

bump

0 Likes

Please fix this. BufferScroll relies on it and it is an invaluable plugin.
Thanks.

0 Likes

^ Creating an account to just post this, deserves a fix :stuck_out_tongue:, unfortunately, not on my end.

0 Likes

same problem.

if view.scope == text.*: sublime wonā€™t restore.

only restore view.scope == source.*

1 Like