Sublime Forum

Problem typing > symbol in Sublime Text 3

Hi, all…

Just installed Sublime Text 3. Haven’t really noticed any difference between that and
Sublime Text 2. However, I have noticed that I can not type a > (greater than) symbol
in Sublime Text 3!

I’ve changed keyboards, typed the > symbol in other programs, but it won’t work in
Sublime Text 3 at all.

Anyone seen this behavior and have any suggestions for solutions?

Thanks!

Rick

0 Likes

I’ve figured out that the problem is in .cfm or one type of ColdFusion file.
The “>” types fine in .js files.

Perhaps it’s the ColdFusion package…

0 Likes

I had the same problem. The ColdFusion package is still a little buggy for ST3.

To fix this issue, use package control to remove the ColdFusion package.

Download the development branch of the ColdFusion package here: github.com/SublimeText/ColdFusi … evelopment and install it manually.

0 Likes

I am still having trouble installing thisdevelopment package for ST3.

Perhaps I am just unclear about the process on a Windows 7 box. The manual instructions say to cd into Packages.

Is this the Packages directory in the Sublime Text Directory of Program Files. This only contains sublime-package files currently.

Or is it the Packages Directory of the AppData/Roaming/Sublime Text 3 directory. That is where the cf package was installed in ST2.

I have tried doing the manual GIT commands to both locations and in neither case does the package install. It was working before and I just couldn’t type the > symbol.

Any help would be appreciated

0 Likes

I think I figured out my problem. I have asublime Text 3/data/Packages Directory as well as a sublime text 3/Packages directory. When I did the git clone to the data/Packages directory I am able to see the cf syntax coloring and the ‘>’ displays correctly.

0 Likes