Sublime Forum

Package Control: A full-featured package manager

I have the same exact issue, on Windows 7 64bit. On Mac os is fine.

Regards

0 Likes

Fix for the proxy issue: github.com/wbond/sublime_packag … l/pull/116

0 Likes

Yes. Yes it does. You rock. Thanks!

0 Likes

Here is the error what I get now:

Running jshint C:\Projects\Product\Core\Solutions\WebApp\Web\www\apps\charts\companyreport\controllers\manage_controller.js --reporter C:\Users\haibei\AppData\Roaming\Sublime Text 2\Packages\JSHint\reporter.js

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “.\exec.py”, line 208, in finish
File “.\exec.py”, line 177, in append_data
File “.\exec.py”, line 62, in kill
File “.\subprocess.py”, line 949, in terminate
WindowsError: [Error 5] Access is denied

Does anyone help me figure it out?

0 Likes

[quote=“haibei.wu”]Here is the error what I get now:

Running jshint C:\Projects\Product\Core\Solutions\WebApp\Web\www\apps\charts\companyreport\controllers\manage_controller.js --reporter C:\Users\haibei\AppData\Roaming\Sublime Text 2\Packages\JSHint\reporter.js

File “.\exec.py”, line 208, in finish
File “.\exec.py”, line 177, in append_data
File “.\exec.py”, line 62, in kill
File “.\subprocess.py”, line 949, in terminate
WindowsError: [Error 5] Access is denied

Does anyone help me figure it out?[/quote]

This does not appear to be related to Package Control at all.

0 Likes

Hello
You’ve done an amazing work !
Thanks a lot

0 Likes

Any chance we’ll see your latest update hit the shelves soon? The proxy support in your “testing” version seems pretty stable to me.
[edit]And it’s particularly frustrating to have that version get overwritten occassionally [/edit]

What about one more thing: if the proxy auth fails, can/will it revert to attempting a direct connection to download the updates?

Thanks!

0 Likes

Hey,

I was wondering whether package control supports easy contributions to st2 packages? Below is my question about a good development environment for contributions to st2 packages. Maybe it’s already possible with package control but if not it would be a great feature that encourages contributions to packages. I am thinking about a command like “Package Control: Contribute to Package” that automatically creates a fork, clones it to the package folder, opens the package folder as a project in st2 and fetches any changes from the original repo when restarting st2 to keep the fork up to date.

0 Likes

This thread need a bump, I just recevied a new version, Thanks wbond!! :sunglasses:

A message of the version changes log says:

[quote]As Sublime Text has become increasingly more popular, and the number of
packages has increased so rapidly, the bandwidth requirements have also
significantly increased. This month the default channel will very likely serve
over 1TB of JSON data. If you feel so inclined, consider pitching in a small
amount to help cover the cost:

wbond.net/sublime_packages/packa … say_thanks . A big thank you
to all of the users who have already contributed![/quote]

:exclamation: Please contribute if you have to do so :exclamation:

0 Likes

How about a patch so it only downloads the package list once a day? (with a command to refresh it at any time of course)

It’s irritating to wait for the package list to be downloaded each time I install a package. Meanwhile, apparently wbond’s bandwidth bill is skyrocketing…

0 Likes

This is not about the bandwidth, that package is the root of all the other packages,
be nice, submit any pull request you think is appropriated!

I guess ‘everyone’ use Sublime Text for work, and the most esencial package is Package Control.
If you already purchased Sublime Text, and have some additional amount of money to show your love for Package Control, then do it.

Bye

0 Likes

[quote=“bronson”]How about a patch so it only downloads the package list once a day? (with a command to refresh it at any time of course)

It’s irritating to wait for the package list to be downloaded each time I install a package. Meanwhile, apparently wbond’s bandwidth bill is skyrocketing…[/quote]

You can change the PC cache_length setting to something greater than 300 to cache the package list longer than 5 minutes, however it will not persist restarting Sublime Text. Currently there is no way to clear the cache other than to restart ST.

The new version of PC also supports HTTP compression, which should help improve the download speed.

0 Likes

[quote=“gregor.hoch”]Hey,

I was wondering whether package control supports easy contributions to st2 packages? Below is my question about a good development environment for contributions to st2 packages. Maybe it’s already possible with package control but if not it would be a great feature that encourages contributions to packages. I am thinking about a command like “Package Control: Contribute to Package” that automatically creates a fork, clones it to the package folder, opens the package folder as a project in st2 and fetches any changes from the original repo when restarting st2 to keep the fork up to date.

https://forum.sublimetext.com/t/setting-up-a-dev-environment-for-package-contributions/7600/1[/quote]

Unfortunately at this point due to time constraints, this is unlikely. It takes quite a bit of time just to help people get HTTP connections working that I don’t really feel like diving into the world of scripting git and dealing with all of those issues.

Additionally, there is a fairly big list of feature enhancements that are pending developer time: github.com/wbond/sublime_package_control/issues

That said, if people want to work on different enhancements and send pull requests, I’m more than happy to discuss and review them.

0 Likes

I got this error on startup

---------------------------
Sublime Text 2
Unable to run package setup:

File ".\PackageSetup.py", line 165, in upgrade
    upgradePackage(pkg, pristinedir, datadir, backupdir)
  File ".\PackageSetup.py", line 158, in upgradePackage
    os.path.join(backupdir, base), inhibitOverwrite)
  File ".\PackageSetup.py", line 110, in upgradeArchive
    writeFile(fname, newar.read(f))
  File ".\PackageSetup.py", line 18, in writeFile
    with open(fname, 'wb') as fo:
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: u'Q:\\Sound\\Sublime Text 2.0.1\\Data\\Packages\\SideBarEnhancements\\SideBarEnhancements-master/readme.md'

OK   
0 Likes

I’ve used package control for st3 without any problems. But just bought new machine, and didn’t want to use tm backup, but instead went with fresh install.
So now when I try to use package control for st3, it installs, but when I use cmd+shift+p and type install, nothing shows up. Package control is installed tough.

Can any1 help me out here?

0 Likes

wbond, A lot of users complains our packages does not work with their version. It is bad to assume, that if there is a st3 branch, and the user is installing from ST3, to use that branch, instead of master?
Do you or anyone, have some recomendations?

Regards,

0 Likes

This should be possible in the 2.x release github.com/wbond/sublime_packag … issues/462

0 Likes

Thanks for the pointer.

0 Likes

Hello everyone,

I have a problem with Sublime Text 2 on Ubuntu 14.04. For a couple of days now, everytime I open ST, I get the following error:

Then Handlebars (and other packages) are placed under “ignored packages” in my user settings and I have to remove it in order to still benefit from the syntax highlighting.

This is my console:

[quote]
…]
Generating syntax summary
reloading /home/alex/.config/sublime-text-2/Packages/User/Preferences.sublime-settings
theme loaded
theme loaded
theme loaded
found 1 files for base name Default.sublime-theme
theme loaded
./package_control/unicode.py:31: DeprecationWarning: BaseException.message has been deprecated as of Python 2.6
error: Package Control

An error occurred while trying to backup the package directory for Handlebars.

Exception in thread Thread-9:
File “.\threading.py”, line 532, in __bootstrap_inner
File “.\threading.py”, line 484, in run
File “./package_control/automatic_upgrader.py”, line 198, in do_upgrades
File “./package_control/package_manager.py”, line 581, in install_package
File “./package_control/package_manager.py”, line 808, in backup_package_dir
UnboundLocalError: local variable ‘package_backup_dir’ referenced before assignment[/quote]

I think this might have started happening after I ran an update on my Ubuntu last week.

Any ideas what this might be?

Thank you!

0 Likes

Please post bug reports at github.com/wbond/sublime_package_control/issues.

0 Likes