Sublime Forum

Dev Build 3048

thanks!

0 Likes

I like the scrolling tab, it looks really clean (this was the main issue I had with the UI of SublimeText), but there is one small annoyance: if the tab are all “collapsed” on the left, it is easy to quickly scroll by alwasy cliking at the same point. But if they are all collapsed to the right, then the first one i need to click on a small region, and for the second one this now reveals the close button of a tab, and i need to move the mouse to scroll more.
One thing I would like is the ability to scroll the tab using the scrollwheel when the mouse is hovering the tabs (should be pretty easy to add i guess), then it would really be perfect :smile:

Edit: I noticed that you can keep the button clicked on the “collapsed” tab and this will make the different scroll. Not as good as a scrollwheel, but at least usable when i want to scroll from right.

0 Likes

[quote=“Clams”]
One thing I would like is the ability to scroll the tab using the scrollwheel when the mouse is hovering the tabs (should be pretty easy to add i guess), then it would really be perfect :smile:[/quote]

That would be pretty pretty cool!

Also good to see that a window now closes if the last tab is dragged out.

0 Likes

If you add mouse wheel support, you can probably remove those left/right arrow buttons.
They take up quite a lot of space but are not that useful in their current form as it takes
many clicks to scroll to the tab that’s wanted.

The dropdown is nice. Maybe hide it if all tabs are fully visible?

0 Likes

Reading your comment I disabled the Soda Theme i was using and i noticed the arrow, and the drop down, that do not exist with Soda.
Drop down is nice indeed.
An option to disabled the arrow would be good, and I like the auto-hide idea for the drop-down / arrow if not needed.

Edit: Oh, after a disable/enable of the theme, arrow and drop down are available in Soda :smile:

0 Likes

[quote=“Clams”]Reading your comment I disabled the Soda Theme i was using and i noticed the arrow, and the drop down, that do not exist with Soda.
An option to disabled the arrow would be good, and I like the auto-hide idea for the drop-down / arrow if not needed.

Edit: Oh, after a disable/enable of the theme, arrow and drop down are available in Soda :smile:[/quote]

Same here, Soda removes it.
But with default theme, clicking on Left/Right arrows seems to do nothing.

Re-enabling Soda makes arrows still visible until you restart ST3, this is more of a bug I guess. (Hot theme switching is kind of buggy for me)

EDIT: Oh and the option about the minimap, I did not find it in the default conf file!

0 Likes

If you add minimap_scroll_to_clicked_text to the default Preferences you might as well add
wide_caret while at it. It’s very useful and still works…

0 Likes

These 2 issues are still present:
https://forum.sublimetext.com/t/st3-on-activated-async-not-called-at-st3-launch/9399/1
https://forum.sublimetext.com/t/st3-transpose-words-is-broken/10490/1

jps, could you please give me an answer on the first one ?

0 Likes

[quote=“Xaapyks”]

[quote=“Clams”]Reading your comment I disabled the Soda Theme i was using and i noticed the arrow, and the drop down, that do not exist with Soda.

Edit: Oh, after a disable/enable of the theme, arrow and drop down are available in Soda :smile:[/quote]

Same here, Soda removes it.
But with default theme, clicking on Left/Right arrows seems to do nothing.

Re-enabling Soda makes arrows still visible until you restart ST3, this is more of a bug I guess. (Hot theme switching is kind of buggy for me)

EDIT: Oh and the option about the minimap, I did not find it in the default conf file![/quote]

The behavior I’m getting (with the Flatland Dark theme, Windows 7 x64) is that if I turn the theme off, then back on, I get the arrows and dropdown. If I then restart Sublime, I lose the arrows and dropdown. That being said, the dropdown works but the arrows do not. When I add additional new tabs they continue to shrink instead of scrolling. Not a critical issue for me as I rarely have enough tabs open to scroll through them, but thought I’d add in my experience.

0 Likes

Loving the tab scrolling. Works really well on OSX with both magic mouse and track pad.

0 Likes

I’m noticing random text sizes changes (maybe once an hour), as if I was holding down ctrl and moving the scroll wheel, even though I am not. Did not notice it with <3048. Additionally, it seems the scroll wheel on the mouse has gotten super-touchy - when I scroll down what used to move a few lines, it now scrolls hundreds of lines.

I am running the x64 tarball on Arch with Gnome Shell.

0 Likes

With this build, on OSX, when I save a root file it will just notify me that it’s read only instead of asking for my password like in previous builds.

0 Likes

tabscrolling is cool, but it should also work with mousewheel scrolling if you hover over the arrows or better over the whole tabset area

0 Likes

Thanks so much for the minimap_scroll_to_clicked_text setting!

0 Likes

Clicking on the arrows doesn’t do anything on Windows 7.

What is the expected behavior with this setting enabled? Can’t find any difference.

0 Likes

There is a race condition in handling Settings.add_on_change callbacks. If you call settings.clear_on_change in the callback with the current key, Sublime dies with an access violation.

Code to reproduce:

[code]class AutoFormatSettings(sublime_plugin.EventListener):

event_key = 'auto_format_settings'

def on_post_save(self, view):
    name = view.file_name()
    if not name:
        return

base = os.path.basename(name)
    _, ext = os.path.splitext(base)
    if ext == '.sublime-settings':
        settings = sublime.load_settings(base)
        callback = functools.partial(self.on_reload, base)
        settings.add_on_change(self.event_key, callback)

def on_reload(self, base):
    settings = sublime.load_settings(base)
    settings.clear_on_change(self.event_key)  # <<< here ST dies
    sublime.save_settings(base)[/code]
0 Likes

I have noticed a bug in this build, on Windows 7 when “atomic_save” is set to false, saved files (new or changed) become hidden. (File attribute “hidden” is set)

This behaviour is introduced in 3048, the previous build saves the files normal (not hidden).

0 Likes

With this build (or possible earlier, as I hadn’t updated for some time) ST3 stops rendering if I started it when the integrated gfx chip was active on my macbook and it then changes to the discrete. Changing back to the integrated makes it render again.

If I instead start ST3 with the discrete chip enabled and it switches to integrated, it’s still rendering but is now very choppy. It’s back to full speed again if the application is restarted or I switch back to discrete.

Reproducible via the gfxStatus app.

0 Likes

[quote=“robbert”]I have noticed a bug in this build, on Windows 7 when “atomic_save” is set to false, saved files (new or changed) become hidden. (File attribute “hidden” is set)

This behaviour is introduced in 3048, the previous build saves the files normal (not hidden).[/quote]

Annoying. I’ve set so many files to read-only lately due to that. While read-only attribute doesn’t bother Sublime (it still is able to save), all other editors (VS) complain that they can’t save the file. I have to manually remove hidden attribute.

0 Likes

[quote=“rchl”]

[quote=“robbert”]I have noticed a bug in this build, on Windows 7 when “atomic_save” is set to false, saved files (new or changed) become hidden. (File attribute “hidden” is set)

This behaviour is introduced in 3048, the previous build saves the files normal (not hidden).[/quote]

Annoying. I’ve set so many files to read-only lately due to that. While read-only attribute doesn’t bother Sublime (it still is able to save), all other editors (VS) complain that they can’t save the file. I have to manually remove hidden attribute.[/quote]

+1 to this, still happen!

0 Likes