Sublime Forum

[BUG] 20100501b OpenGL, Full Screen, and Win7

As described in the subject line, Sublime Text (20100501) crashes when attempting to use Full Screen Mode under Windows 7 when using OpenGL rendering. Direct3D is impossibly slow on my machine, so I am forced to use OpenGL mode. OpenGL works fine when in windowed mode, but if, after switching Full Screen, you switch to another application, Sublime Text crashes. Leaving full screen mode before switching applications works. When using an Aero theme, Win7 switches to Windows Basic while ST is in full screen mode, but disabling Aero/switching to Basic before running ST full screen has no effect on the crash (ie. still crashes). I understand this is a very specific bug and do not anticipate it being fixed soon, but am reporting for informational purposes (and of course, in the hopes that it is something simple to fix). If this is already a known issue, I apologize. Please let me know if there are any other details you would like.

Thanks.

0 Likes

I doesn’t crash for me, but there are definitely some problems (see attached screenshot).

0 Likes

Also, using Windows 7 (ultimate) and switching to Full Screen (F11) or Distraction-Free Full-Screen mode (Shift-F11) the sublime window renders behind the windows task bar. I have seen it render properly, not sure what made it work, but if I start up fresh, and hit F11, it renders behind.

0 Likes