Sublime Forum

Scroll wheel in syntax switcher menu

It might just be on my end, but does the scroll wheel in the syntax switcher menu (bottom right of the status bar) work for anyone?

If it isn’t something on my end would it be a big deal to enable it? When I’m messing around with sytax files and have to switch them around it gets annoying having to click the down arrow when I need something further down. Or possibly just make the window expand horizontally instead of vertically?

0 Likes

No, it doesn’t work.
It’s not very usable as it is, there are way too many language syntaxes for this kind of list.

If you have the EditPreferences plugin, you can press ctrl+shift+alt+n to get a nifty quickpanel with all the syntaxes.

0 Likes

Ah. I don’t think I find myself using it enough that I’d bother with a plugin. Just one of those small things.

I suppose that status bar could use a touch-up in general. Like it would be nice if it also had a box for the file encoding.

0 Likes

Bump!

I often find myself trying to scroll the syntax switcher menu with the mouse wheel, so I’m adding my vote to this (old) feature request.

0 Likes

presumably, as ST uses the OS’ native menus, it is up to the host OS to support it?

anyway, consider either using the Command Palette instead (much quicker to filter by typing Syntax etc.) or, do what I suggested here and disable any packages you are not using:

2 Likes

I doubt typing Ctrl+Shift+P Syntax etc. is faster than two clicks. :slightly_smiling:
Anyway thanks for your suggestion, I’ll disable some packages to shorten the list.

0 Likes