Sublime Forum

All files and folders missing in Sidebar - ST3 3033

Yeah that was it… from the example you gave I thought you were using a relative path… (not even sure if that is possible actually)
I had this happen to me but when I with another project open that was using sshfs which I don’t think is your case so no more ideas so far…

0 Likes

Although this wasn’t happening to me in 3038, it is happening again now that I’ve upgraded to 3040. :frowning:

0 Likes

Still seeing this on 3041.

0 Likes

still on 3047,
looks like we’re stuck on ST2 for a while, even now ST3 is available for non-registered users

0 Likes

I’ve also filed this issue a while ago in github: github.com/SublimeText/Issues/issues/62

The lack of response in any way makes me totally lose faith in ST3 at this moment.

0 Likes

The only way to refresh it is to go “Find -> Find in Files” and that fixes it for a while, but you should not have to do that. I paid for my licence, but the folders never displayed right, this folder thing is not working. :cry:

0 Likes

3052 tried. still has this issue.
I’ve no problems in Windows (with the same user settings/packages)

0 Likes

I’ve upgraded my package control and soda theme…
it seems that ST3 3052 now actually works without a problem.

0 Likes

Every once in a while, this problem seems to come back when I switch project.
Maybe it has something to do with having multiple screens open or something?

0 Likes

Any progress on this issue?

The sidebar is completely useless for me now.
It used to help to restart sublimetext, but now it almost never displays properly.

0 Likes

I started running into this issue when I turned on “Hide Open Files”, and I haven’t run into it since now that I stopped trying to turn them off. Does everyone experiencing the issue have “Hide Open Files” turned on?

0 Likes

I have the similar issue, build 3047:

1. Sometimes folders are displayed but not unfoldable
  2. Sometimes nothing is displayed

Creating new workspace (Project -> create new workspace for project) solves the problem

kernel: Linux HOSTNAME 3.11.0-2-lowlatency #1-Ubuntu SMP PREEMPT Fri Aug 16 22:05:36 UTC 2013 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

0 Likes

ST3 is still beta as I understand. But can any feedback be given? Something like “we have created ticket for this issue and will investigate it” will be great

P.S. This problem does not happen in ST2

0 Likes

I’ve made a video demonstrating this issue, which still exists in build 3054:

dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/555 … uption.mp4

0 Likes

I think I found what is causing this issue when switching projects.
If one project has “show open files” and another “hide open files” this problem will appear.
If all projects have the same setting for show / hide open files it doesn’t trigger the bug.

0 Likes

Well, it seems jensnorr is right.

I have one project with ‘Hide open files’ OFF and all my other projects had the option ON.
The issue did indeed not present when i turned ‘Hide open files’ to OFF for all my other projects.

I also noticed that it doesn’t fix the issue when you open a project with ‘Hide open files’ ON, then turn it to OFF.
You have to close the window explicitly with the project and reopen it to negate the bug.

0 Likes

And I have this problem in build 3059 on OS X. When I first open ST3, the sidebar displays everything under the root project folder (good). When I switch projects with ctrl-cmd-p, the sidebar is often completely empty. Sometimes the root folder is there, but it has no contents. If I right click the root and choose “Find in Folder”, it will reveal the first level of folders, but they appear to be empty the way the root was. If I repeat the right-click on one of the first-level folders, its contents don’t open up and push the following folder down to make room, they open up on top of the folders below.

0 Likes

jensnorr and kozie are both right in my case, too. I used ctrl-cmd-p to cycle thru all of my projects, making sure all were set to hide open files, quit and restarted a couple of times, and the problem remained. I then closed the editor window without quitting, and there was a window open behind it displaying a project that, for whatever reason, wasn’t listed in the project palette. It was showing open files. I set it to hide and closed that window, quit, restarted, cmd-n to open a window, ctrl-cmd-p for the project palette, chose a projects, and all was working again.

I hope this is enough detail to help people work around this.

0 Likes

I still experience this issue on 3059

0 Likes

Bug remains in OS/X build 3061

Turned on Show Open Files and restarted to fix. Haven’t switched projects since, though.

0 Likes