Home Download Buy Blog Forum Support

Hex Viewer (a hex viewer and editor)

Re: Hex Viewer (a hex viewer and editor)

Postby facelessuser on Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:20 pm

Callidus wrote:Would it be possible to have the hex editor open AND be positioned to where the cursor or selection currently is? E.g. Say I put the cursor at the end of a line, then open the Hex Viewer, it should open to that same spot at the end of the line (so that I can view 0d 0a).

Currently it always opens with the cursor at the start of the file.

I don't know...maybe. The view that ST2 gives of the text is a modified representation of the actual file. The hex view is a raw representation of the file. It may not be easy to analyze the ST2 buffer and find the correct offset into the binary buffer of the file.
facelessuser

Postby flibberty on Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:40 pm

I'm not sure if I'm doing the wrong thing. I have tried installing Hex Viewer both manually and using package control. I have restarted ST2. The toggle hex option does appear, but it doesn't appear to do anything. In case it helps: I'm using ST 2.0.2, OS X 10.7.5 and Python version 2.7.1.

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks.
flibberty

Postby facelessuser on Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:53 pm

I will try upgrading my ST2 (I am currently using ST3 on OSX 10.8). Do you see any errors in the console? How big a file are you trying to view as hex? Details, details, I need the details :).
facelessuser

Postby flibberty on Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:03 pm

facelessuser wrote:I will try upgrading my ST2 (I am currently using ST3 on OSX 10.8). Do you see any errors in the console? How big a file are you trying to view as hex? Details, details, I need the details :).

Well, this is strange. I went back to check the console to see if an error appeared but this time the toggling worked. Thank you for your quick reply anyway.
flibberty

Postby facelessuser on Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:46 pm

No worries. Glad you got it working.
facelessuser

Previous

Return to Plugin Announcements