Sublime Forum

[CLOSED] Toggle comment - Stop working after update

Hello guys, I recently updated my Sublime Text 2 version to the latest build (v2.0.2 build 2221) and something that I was able to do in the past, is not available anymore, “Toggle comments”.

I don’t think the “toggle comment” shortcut is not working, 'cause “toggle comment” on the menu is unavailable as well. I searched on Google for:

• sublime text 2 comment block not working
  • sublime text 2 toggle comment not working linux
  • sublime text 2 toggle comment stop working linux
    And some other combinations of keywords, with no luck at all.

So right now, I cannot comment a block of code automatically, I have to do it manually (old style… line by line), and it’s a pain in the a*ss.
I already checked the shortcuts of course, and compared those with my OSX version (there the toggle comment works), it’s pretty much the same.

Suggestions/possible solutions will be more than appreciated.

I’m running Sublime Text 2 on Fedora 18 (Linux) and my previous build, with the same configuration, worked like a charm.

0 Likes

kind of the same thing has happened to me. if I am within any " " I can’t type the / of </
I upgraded two plugins today and it looks like it’s the Tag.sublime.package in my case. Once I disable that it works again.

0 Likes

Thanks mate. I’ll check this Tomorrow.

Any clue of why we get this kinda errors?

Cheers

0 Likes

Hey Rob… quick question, how can I disable a plugin? I tried to find it on the folders but the folder is empty, I might be looking at the wrong place.

Thanks in advance mate.

0 Likes

Cmd-Shift-P on Mac or Ctrl-Shift-P on Windows -> Write “Remove Package” -> Enter -> Select the package to be removed

0 Likes

No luck yet. I get to the packages folder. But there’s no Tag package. :frowning:

0 Likes

Just for the record, I deleted the .config/sublime-text-2 folder and created a new one, and the problem is still there.

0 Likes

How to solve it:

• Download the app again.
  • Delete the old app.
  • Delete the .config/sublime-text-2 folder.
  • Prepare a cubata (Rhum and coke).
  • Unarchive the app.
  • Move it to the appropriate folder.

Don’t know what changed between versions, but something fu*ked up my version.

0 Likes

On Ubuntu with Sublime Text 3, for me worked only the solution found on this thread: ST3 3012: Toggle comments broken

0 Likes