Sublime Forum

Bug: minimap_scroll_to_clicked_text in 2.0.2

In version 2.0.2 when I set the minimap_scroll_to_clicked_text behavior to true clicking on the minimap moves the box to where I clicked but it does not match the same behavior found in version 2.0.1. In version 2.0.1 you are able to drag the box after clicking and holding on the minimap, however in version 2.0.2 even with the old behavior enabled you are not able to click and drag. When you click on the minimap in 2.0.1 the box also immediately snaps to where you click, but there is a delay in 2.0.2.

0 Likes

Set it to false

0 Likes

It’s so obviously

0 Likes

I thought so too, but I think now as I was writing this comment that bug is probably somewhere else - in the default behavior and that this setting is all about scrolling, which locks the minimap for that scrolling time and you need to do kinda double click to get the hold of the view… I think this behavior is probably intended, but not the bug I am about to describe

• Setting it to false - default from previous versions
    The issue is that with a long files you are not going at the place you clicked on the minimap, but you jump distance in that general direction, similar behavior to classic scroll bars.
    I believe that this is a bug, since when you have a file with lets say 400 lines of code so that whole minimap fits on screen on 1080p display, it will go to the exact place you clicked. But you try that with 800 lines of code and thats not the case anymore, instead you jump around that place up and down… I believe this is THE bug that needs to be fixed and scroll option be there only as effect for people who like that.

I at first thought that this option was about the fixing this minimap = scrollbar behavior

0 Likes