Sublime Forum

How using SublimeClang Autocomplete with Libarys?

Hello all,

i using SublimeText3 (new at all) under Ubuntu 13.04. i programming graphic applictions with the SFML-Libary and C++.
I need Autocomplete in SublimeText for the SFML Libary, so i google a little bit. What ive do:

Preferences > Package Settings > Sublime Clang > Settings-User

i add the following lines.

[code]{
“options”:

"-I/usr/local/include/SFML/",
 "-L/usr/local/lib/"

]
}
[/code]

but the autocomplete does no work. Iam also not sure if i use /usr/local/include/SFML or usr/local/include/ generally for the -I option. The .hpp files are in /SFML/ . . . But whatever i do, nothing changed.

Btw. the autocomplete for the standard headers does not work too. mhh…

Can anybody explain me how to use autocomplete right and hwat i did wrong :smile: ?

Thank you

0 Likes

I just got this working. One thing that isn’t that obvious is that you actually need Clang installed. I did this for windows so it will be different but google won’t steer you wrong. Yeah I didn’t install clang when I first tried to get that working. Also I use clang for some more complex libraries that don’t all compile with clang. I found it helpful to turn off the warnings/errors popup menu. Also clang works off of the #includes in your files. If you don’t #include clang does not know where to look. PS clang is a bitch and a half to install in windows I hope that is different for linux

0 Likes