Sublime Forum

Lost 20+ open tabs (Mac) Please help

I had SublimeText 2 and on my mac anytime id shutdown and reopen all the files would open back up and auto populate. Most werent saved by me but seemed to autosave by sublime text. After coming back from this shutdown a “Sublime Text expired” window popped up and after going to the site it looks like my only option was to download the new Beta. Now I cant find those autosaved files anywhere.

Are they gone or is there a folder someplace they might be sitting in. Please help, this is a ton of work that may be lost.

0 Likes

I would check the Session.sublime-session file ST creates. Have you tried just updating to 2.0.2? Or is it that version that expired?

0 Likes

I wish I knew more about this but I have to ask, how can I locate the session file? Session.sublime-session If I can find a way to get this data back I would save a LOT of time. Thank you so much.

0 Likes

Check ~/Library/Application Support/Sublime Text 2/Local/

0 Likes

I was able to find the file its 366k I got it to open in Sublime so I could see what was in it and I see most of the test in it. Ive backed it up now how would I open that session file so they open as tabs again so I can save them? Thank you so much for this help. I was going nuts earlier thinking it was lost.

0 Likes

As I previously mentioned, have you updated to 2.0.2 or was that the version that was causing the error. 2.0.2 was released last week I believe, so if you haven’t updated since then, try that. You can grab the latest version at sublimetext.com/2

0 Likes

Correct and as I mentioned there is no more downloading of anything but 3… sublimetext.com/2 Go look at the link. So no I am not on 2.2 I am on build 3047 which is the only one available for download.

I apologize it says “The current version of Sublime Text 2 is 2.0.2”. but… Sublime Text 3. Then in the About on the software it says build 3047. Its incredibly confusing for me.

And I take that back. It says 2.0.2 is current but no links to download it. All links go to DL SublimeText 3 now. So no I am on 3 Beta.

0 Likes

If you go to that link, there’s a 2.0.2 download link for OS X… It’s the first link that say “OS X”…

0 Likes

[quote=“louneo”]Correct and as I mentioned there is no more downloading of anything but 3… sublimetext.com/2 Go look at the link. So no I am not on 2.2 I am on build 3047 which is the only one available for download.

I apologize it says “The current version of Sublime Text 2 is 2.0.2”. but… Sublime Text 3. Then in the About on the software it says build 3047. Its incredibly confusing for me.

And I take that back. It says 2.0.2 is current but no links to download it. All links go to DL SublimeText 3 now. So no I am on 3 Beta.[/quote]

Here is the link to the 2.0.2 build for OS X. I know some people were having caching issues, so weren’t seeing the 2.0.2 builds. link

0 Likes