Sublime Forum

ST 2.0.2 2221 Mac find is broken for me

I use Sublime Text on Linux mainly and I hate the Mac key bindings. I took the advice of some web page and loaded the linux key bindings on the mac version. This only kinda worked on earlier versions. With the recent update to 2.0.2 2221 find is completely broken.

When I have the focus in the source and hit control f the focus no longer shifts to the find box. I automatically type “enter” to go to the next value and I erase something in the source.

The status bar area at the bottom often has something like
Unable to find \b >" \b
when the text I want to search for is >"

I don’t use very many key bindings, I mainly want to search or search/replace in the current file or all files, but always with the selection as the starting point for searches. On linux this is easy; Mac not so much.

Any suggestions?
Thanks,
jjb

0 Likes

[quote=“johnjbarton”]The status bar area at the bottom often has something like
Unable to find \b >" \b
when the text I want to search for is >"
[/quote]

Turn off “Whole word” on the find panel.

1 Like

Thanks, that solved the \b thing.

I erased my Preferences > KeyBindings - User file and that solved the rest of wonky behavior.

Unfortunately now I am back to the Mac keybindings. I really wish there was a “Universal Keybindings” option. I don’t care what the keybindings are as long as they stay the same on all platforms.

jjb

0 Likes

Any chance that this command changed recently:

{ “keys”: “super+f”], “command”: “find_under” },

Formerly it kinda worked like the Linux find, that is the find panel would open and selection would be placed in the find box. That makes all of the matches highlight.

That part still works, but now the focus does not move to the find box. So when I hit super+f then enter, my selection is erased rather than moving to the next match.

(As I recall using exactly the same command on Mac as on Linux does not work the same).

Thanks,
jjb

0 Likes

I think find_under always leaves the focus in the view.
Perhaps you want to just use “find”, and change this setting?

// If true, the selected text will be copied into the find panel when it's // shown. // On OS X, this value is overridden in the platform specific settings, so // you'll need to place this line in your user settings to override it. "find_selected_text": true,

0 Likes