Sublime Forum

Dev Build 3049

Still having the issue that the auto updater launches ST in a new tab in the tab list and that this new tab is not controllable because it ignores right clicks (Windows 7, 64bit).

0 Likes

Is this update locking up on launch for anybody else? seems to lockup on boot while loading the PyV8 library for one of my plugins.

• after removing the two plugins that’s not the problem, not sure why it’s freezing, it’s totally locked up and restarts don’t help.
  • it’s the plugin_host launched process that’s causing ST3 to hang. what’s weird is that I thought the new architecture prevents from this type of thing from happening where it wouldn’t freeze/crash the main thread. I’m going to try to track down which plugin is making my ST3 unusable.

UPDATE: was the InactivePanes plugin, removing that and it works fine

0 Likes

It seems there is constantly stuff behind the scenes going on with plugin handling. About a month ago one of my personal plugins stopped working 100% of the time. And now on this update, it caused ST to freeze completely so I had to disable it now.

I wish I understood better what was going on behind the scenes so I could get it working again.

0 Likes

re: tab arrows and scrolling.

Add tab and tabbar mouse events to API! stop playing :mrgreen:
github.com/SublimeText/Issues/issues/6

0 Likes

3050 is out, fixing a crash introduced in 3049

0 Likes

e: nothing to see here

0 Likes

[quote=“facelessuser”]It seems there is constantly stuff behind the scenes going on with plugin handling. About a month ago one of my personal plugins stopped working 100% of the time. And now on this update, it caused ST to freeze completely so I had to disable it now.

I wish I understood better what was going on behind the scenes so I could get it working again.[/quote]

3049 definitely introduced a change that makes a certain package (Phpcs) crash-freeze Sublime 100% of the time whenever I try to save its settings file or when I try to put it on the ignored package list. (Win7 64bit) This also happened with other plugin’s settings files, but only if phpcs was enabled. I could not reproduce the issue reliably for other plugins, though. I bet something broke / changed with API: Plugins may now call Settings.clear_on_change() within a callback from Settings.add_on_change()?

0 Likes

[quote=“facelessuser”]It seems there is constantly stuff behind the scenes going on with plugin handling. About a month ago one of my personal plugins stopped working 100% of the time. And now on this update, it caused ST to freeze completely so I had to disable it now.

I wish I understood better what was going on behind the scenes so I could get it working again.[/quote]

Would this be ScopeHunter?

I spent the better part of an hour banging my head on the table, trying to figure out why ST crashes when I try to alter Package Control’s settings. I’ve narrowed it down to ScopeHunter on my Windows machine, but everything works fine on Linux.

Oh, dear me…

Edit: it does crash Linux as well. I can reliably crash ST 3050 on Windows XP, Ubuntu x64 & x32.

0 Likes

[quote=“quodlibet”]Would this be ScopeHunter?

I spent the better part of an hour banging my head on the table, trying to figure out why ST crashes when I try to alter Package Control’s settings. I’ve narrowed it down to ScopeHunter on my Windows machine, but everything works fine on Linux.

Oh, dear me…

Edit: it does crash Linux as well. I can reliably crash ST 3050 on Windows XP, Ubuntu x64 & x32.[/quote]

No, ScopeHunter is causing no problems for me at all.

The plugin I was referring to was a personal scheme modification plugin that freezes ST as soon as it loads. It used to work fine, then a month or so ago, if I locked or sleep my system and came back and logged in again, it would no longer update things. Then on the recent upgrade, ST freezes when the module gets loaded. Something behind the scene as changed, and I haven’t spent any time trying to debug it yet. It is one of those things that if I had a vague idea of what changed in the plugin system, maybe I could quickly resolve the issue, but right now I don’t know where to start looking, and I don’t have time to right now to fix a plugin whose use is for aesthetics only.

I will try ScopeHunter on some more systems, but I can’t imagine why it would be crashing things for you, and I honestly doubt I am going to be able to reproduce this. But if I do, I will let you know.

0 Likes

I’ve been getting a bunch of freezes too

0 Likes

3051 is out now, addressing a crash introduced in 3050. I’m not sure if it’s related to the freezing seen above, but it may be.

0 Likes

@facelessuser

I had some plugin that was a remnant of an experimentation in xplatform settings that misused the settings.add_on_change stuff

This was causing the freeze for me

0 Likes

On 3051, I still have the freezing that seem to be caused by ScopeHunter.

(I mispoke earlier when I said it crashed; it does actually freeze. Sorry it was late.)

Removing ScopeHunter stops the issue, which seems to be triggered by changes in the settings.

@facelessuser If I can help with the ScopeHunter issue, let me know.

Edit: are .dmp files useful to anyone?

0 Likes

@quodibilet

It’s due to a change in the settings.add_on_change in build 3049, where it’s looping over an ever growing list, due to adding a new listener inside a listener callback.

Jon’s tweaking it to allow our old tomfoolery.

(edit: well, not really growing so much as in perpetual flux (well at least in the case that i hit ))

0 Likes

github.com/facelessuser/ScopeHu … er.py#L264

0 Likes

@castles @quodibilet !@#$ I do that in a lot of plugins. Now anytime the preference gets saved…#$%!..I have to patch a bunch of plugins…I’m done for the night… :imp:

0 Likes

@faceless

I think the old behaviour will be restored soon enough

0 Likes

@castles your probably right. I hope so, because I am not in the mood to patch any of these plugins right now. I figure if the behavior still stands by the end of the week I’ll start doing something.

0 Likes

Moving the addition to a set_timeout ought to do the trick if it comes to that

0 Likes

The solution isn’t a big deal. I’m just a little irritated that in one update so many plugins just went up in flames. Its not really Jon’s fault either because he doesn’t really know how everyone uses the API.

0 Likes