Sublime Forum

ST3 dev and Mac

Hi guys,

As some of you might know, I developed a few plugins last year for ST2 (Perforce, Search Anywhere/Stackoverflow, CSV), and I just got my first Mac and to be honest I’m a bit lost with the environment.

I’m now working on a Laravel plugin, so using ST3’s Sublime Text > Preferences > Browse Package I was able to find out where the Packages are supposed to be stored. I started developing in ~/Library/Application Support/Sublime Text 3/Packages/User/theplugin/theplugin.py. It worked at first, but now I keep getting Unable to save file when modifying my script…

I am unable to browse to ~/Library/Application Support/Sublime Text 3 unless I open it from ST3… maybe there’s something wrong with my system? I’m a total newbie with Macs, so if somebody could tell me what I did wrong (you’re allowed to laugh if its something stupid :stuck_out_tongue:), it would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you

0 Likes

In newer versions of OS X, the Library folder is hidden by default.
Solutions:
• in the Finder, open the Go menu, and then hold the Option key.
• in the Finder, choose Go > Go to Folder… (or Cmd+Shift+G) and type in ~/Library.
• In the Terminal, run ‘chflags nohidden ~/Library’
• In the Terminal, run ‘defaults write com.apple.Finder AppleShowAllFiles YES’
• Install Secrets (click the PrefPane link at the top), open it, and check the box for “Show hidden files”

My favorite method is the last one, just because Secrets has a lot of cool things in it.

0 Likes

This is much appreciated sir! I’ll test it out tonight on the bus home!

0 Likes