Sublime Forum

How can I unselect first occurrence of multi line selection

I have a simple list of 4 lines. I need to select line 2 and 3.

abc
abc
abc
abc

I put my cursor on second line and do the following:

[super+d] - selects line 2
[super+d] - selects line 3
[super+d], [super+k, super+d] - skips line 4

At this point search wrapped to the first line and made it selected. How can I unselect it ??? [super+k, super+d] messes selection up.

0 Likes

Not sure if it is possible just with keyboard, but you could just alt+click&drag on the text.
Something like this: (http://img.iamntz.com/jing/video_2013-07-30-06@06h55_47.mp4)

0 Likes

You could write a plugin to do it, but does “super+u” do what you want?

0 Likes

No, “super+u” will undo “super+k”, “super+d” which will leave line 4 selected, which I do not want.

0 Likes

[quote=“iamntz”]Not sure if it is possible just with keyboard, but you could just alt+click&drag on the text.
Something like this: (http://img.iamntz.com/jing/video_2013-07-30-06@06h55_47.mp4)

When I click with alt it unselects previously selected lines.[/quote]

0 Likes

Press “super+u” again.

0 Likes

Sure, but this was just a model of real work scenario, where u have a huge source file and those selections are not located one after another. The question is: is it possible to unselect the very first selection, which happens AUTOMATICALLY when Sublime Text wraps super+d command.

0 Likes

Also, why super+k, super+d is not working on this first line ???

0 Likes

Pressing super+u twice will remove the wrapped selection every time, even in real work scenarios.
The problem is that the cmd+k, cmd+d command is slightly broken. I seem to remember seeing a fixed version floating around on the forums, and I tried to find it, but I must be searching for the wrong terms or something.

0 Likes

It will only work in real life if you started your multiselect from beginning of your file. If not, how can you continue after wrap without selecting the first one ?
It would be REAL great if you will find a FIXED version of super+k, super+d !!!

0 Likes

Since “super+u” doesn’t work, you can write a plugin for it.

[code]import sublime
import sublime_plugin

class RemoveFirstCursorCommand(sublime_plugin.TextCommand):
def run(self, edit):
cursors = list(self.view.sel())
if len(cursors) > 1:
self.view.sel().clear()
self.view.sel().add_all(cursors[1:])
[/code]

Didn’t really test it, but it should work. It’s pretty straight forward. I recall add_all not working in ST2, but that could be wrong. If it doesn’t work, simply loop over the cursors and call self.view.sel().add(cursor)

0 Likes