Home Download Buy Blog Forum Support

Disable tab dragging?

Disable tab dragging?

Postby iamntz on Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:24 pm

Hi guys.

For some reasons, when i click on a tab, i also drag the tab out of current window (so will open another window) and i find this very annoying.

So, there is a way to disable tab dragging (or at least add a modifier key to this) ?

Thanks!

// this seems to be fixed in ST3
Last edited by iamntz on Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
iamntz

Re: Disable tab dragging?

Postby spudly on Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:52 pm

I'd like to do this too. Or at least make it less sensetive to dragging. It currently creates a new window if you drag it to the titlebar. I do this a lot by mistake (drag it one pixel up and you're dead). Sure would be nice if it only created a new window when you drag it out of the window entirely.
spudly

Postby quodlibet on Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:58 pm

I do this as well and I don't experience this with other similar UIs, such as browsers. An option to turn the feature off would be useful only as a temporary fix; it would be better if the behaviour was made less sensitive, because dragging to create a new window is useful on occasion.
quodlibet

Postby rschmitty on Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:59 am

any status on this?
rschmitty

Postby iamntz on Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:16 am

// this seems to be fixed in ST3
iamntz

Postby quodlibet on Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:44 pm

Maybe I'm imagining things, but it seems to me that this issue is the same between ST2 and 3, although it's more pronounced with the Soda theme with the square tabs, because there is no space between the tab and the top of the trough. I find that when using the default ST theme or the Soda theme with the classic (rounded) tabs I am less likely to drag off the tab. (Maybe.)
quodlibet

Postby iamntz on Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:46 pm

I'm using exactly soda with squared tabs. First version of ST3 didn't had the issue present nor the following. So i'm good :)
iamntz

Postby gavinhungry on Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:02 am

I only move tabs horizontally (between columns), and I accidentally tear tabs off into new windows a few times per day, which is really quite annoying. How about an option to increase the vertical distance from the trough you have a to drag a tab before it starts to tear off? That would be extremely useful to me.
gavinhungry

Postby tito on Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:21 am

A tab creates a new window if the mouse exits the tabbar. I guess a little delay of time, or reducing the active area will help, another option is to expand the active area. I create new windows when trying to click tabs too.
I imagine we click the border of a tab, move the mouse 1px out of the tabbar, and that action, which is perceived as just a click by us will create a new window.
Give APIs, let the community build the rest!
https://github.com/titoBouzout
tito

Postby iamntz on Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:07 pm

Bump.

It seems that latest dev version from few days ago reintroduced this annoying bug that i can't always replicate but which is happening.
iamntz

Next

Return to Technical Support