Sublime Forum

[BUG] Saving Window Position

Sublime2:
Windows build saves the last window position and size properly. On Linux, using Ubuntu 10.10, it does not save the last window position and size.

0 Likes

Same problem on Mac.

0 Likes

Window position is restored correctly on OS X for me. Can you let me know what version of OS X you’re using, and if you’re using any external monitors?

0 Likes

I’m using OSX Leopard 10.6.6. I have a second monitor attached.

0 Likes

I’m seeing the same thing on OSX 10.6.6 (no second monitor attached).

0 Likes

I’m also seeing this on a Macbook Air 13", Mac OS X 10.6.7, no external monitor attached.

0 Likes

Perhaps different issues are being discussed here? When I reopen ST2 on OS X, it puts my windows in the same spots as they used to be. But when I open a new window, it’s always really small and right in the center of my monitor, and I have to move and resize it. Perhaps this second issue is the one other people are seeing?

0 Likes

Similar problem here. New windows are opened always with
the same shape and with the side bar visible. If I resize the
window and hide the sidebar, then open a new window with
shift command N, the new window is opened with the original
geometry and the sidebar visible. If I resize the window, then
quit SublimeText, then relaunch it, the first window is opened
with the resized geometry; but if I close it and make a new
window with shift command N, the new window has the original
geometry with sidebar visible. Apparently there is no way to
let ST learn a different geometry for fresh windows.

I’m on a MacBook pro, X.6.6, no additional monitors attached

Piero

0 Likes

bump

0 Likes

So, is this a bug (is default new window geometry supposed to be inherited from the last resized window)? Or is it behaving as intended? Honestly, I’d prefer being able to specify height, width, and screen offset values for new windows in the Global.sublime-settings new_window_settings config setting. Seems like this is related to this post and this feature request.

0 Likes

Window positions and sizes are saved correctly, and always have been, except under Linux where it wasn’t implemented until build 2046, which is what lee_connell was originally commenting on.

The reported issues above are due to new windows being created at the default size, which is not what people expect. This behavior has been changed in the current dev builds (sublimetext.com/dev) to create new windows at the size of the last used window.

0 Likes

Hello,

I just installed the latest stable Sublime Text 3 build 3047 on Mac OSX 10.8.2 and I have this same problem. If I quit Sublime and relaunch it, the window is in the last position as expected. If I close the Sublime window first and then quit Sublime and relaunch, the window is in the center of the screen with default size. Also if I create new windows, they always open in the center with default size.

If this was fixed in Sublime Text 2 as mentioned in the later post comments, can you please add the fix to ST3 as well.

Thanks,
Brendan

0 Likes

I have Sublime text 2 Build 2221 and I have a problem that it seems that the program saves the position and the size of it’s window and it’s somehow grown bigger than my screen and I can’t fit it in without having it full screen which is not a viable solution. This means for example that I can’t see what I’m searching for. It’s really annoying where can I fix this?

0 Likes