Sublime Forum

Inconsistent behavior - replace field not pre-selected

There is inconsistent behavior when tabbing into the Replace field with the keyboard, such as with {Tab}. The first time you open the program and use Find-Replace and tab into the Replace field - it will select the full text so that you can easily type over it. But then when you type something new into the Replace field and open the Find-Replace panel - then everytime after that when you {Tab} into the Replace field it will not select it, meaning you have to manually delete it.

Here is a small animated GIF screencast I made with LICEcap that shows the bug:

(I am using WinXP SP3 - SublimeText 3 Build 3047.)

0 Likes

Not quite. Actually is pretty consistent.

You find the field as you leave it. If you select the text then tab out, when you focus the field again, the text will be selected. And viceverse.

0 Likes

[quote=“iamntz”]Not quite. Actually is pretty consistent.

You find the field as you leave it. If you select the text then tab out, when you focus the field again, the text will be selected. And viceverse.[/quote]

That’s not what I would define as consistency. Consistency is that I can use the same keystrokes to do a replace operation each time.

EXAMPLE:

1. I do Replace #1 with: {Ctrl+H} --> oldtext1 --> {tab} --> newtext1 --> {ctrl+alt+enter}

2. I do Replace #2 with: {Ctrl+H} --> oldtext2 --> {tab} --> newtext2 --> {ctrl+alt+enter}
    (DOES NOT WORK). This will replace “oldtext2” with “newtext1newtext2”

Inconsistent keystrokes required - requires you to remember if this is the first replace or not and use a different set of keystrokes
Replace #1 : {Ctrl+H} --> oldtext --> {tab} --> newtext --> {ctrl+alt+enter}
Replace #2+: {Ctrl+H} --> oldtext --> {tab} --> {ctrl+a} --> newtext --> {ctrl+alt+enter}

0 Likes