Sublime Forum

LaTeX Plugin - LaTeXing for ST2 and ST3

New feature are still coming, just check the website regularly for updates. The ST3 support is already stable and once the Package Control is available for ST3 it becomes easier to stay up to date.

Thank you for the feedback. Yes the license model is exactly for the purpose to ensure that the development will progress regularly and new features are going to implement based on user wishes.

Regards
Chris

0 Likes

Can’t login on your bitbucket mirror with OpenID (and refuse to use standard login on HTTP).

LaTeXing is broken on ST3, build 3046. I’m getting

reloading plugin LaTeXing.LaTeXing Traceback (most recent call last): File "C:\Users\schlaich\Sublime Text 3\sublime_plugin.py", line 73, in reload_plugin m = importlib.import_module(modulename) File "X/importlib/__init__.py", line 88, in import_module File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 1577, in _gcd_import File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 1558, in _find_and_load File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 1525, in _find_and_load_unlocked File "C:\Users\schlaich\Sublime Text 3\sublime_plugin.py", line 671, in load_module exec(compile(source, source_path, 'exec'), mod.__dict__) File "LaTeXing in C:\Users\schlaich\Sublime Text 3\Data\Installed Packages\LaTeXing.sublime-package", line 3, in <module> ImportError: No module named 'LaTeXing.latexing.bibsonomy'

0 Likes

Hi!

You have to unzip the sublime-package file, and place the contents in Packages/LaTeXing. It seems that since LaTeXing contains pyc files, sublime doesn’t support the “new” zipped package approach.

Worked for me :wink:

0 Likes

I just saw that you are planing to include Mendeley/Zotero/CiteuLike Support in the next version, which is great!! As far as I can see, you are accessing Zotero through the server API, right? I am not sure what that means for the performance and offline work. Let me know if you are interested in accessing the local copy of the Zotero library. I could send some code for that.

0 Likes

I am getting all kind of debug messages in the console when I try to insert a citation. Below is part of the output. Is there anything I can do about it? Something going wrong?

0 Likes

Yes it is through the server api BUT the data are going to be cached online which makes it just possible to have a good working speed and also makes it possible to work offline without a problem.

Are you sure that you are using the latest test version? Before we are going through some error searching now?

Cheers
Chris

0 Likes

Server API with cache sounds awesome! This is really a great feature.

I am not on the development branch right now. Just the regular one. I will try with the development version an report back.

Another question: show_log_panel_on is supposed to hide the log panel when I format the document, right? But adding the option “show_log_panel_on”: false to my user ‘LaTeXing.sublime-settings’ file doesn’t do anything. Or am I putting it in the wrong file? Some more documentation for cite_panel_format would also be good. Just an example formatting because I also can’t find it in the default settings file.

Edit: Is it also possible to format the second line in the citation panel using cite_panel_format? LatexTools does that with an array such as “{author} {year} - {title_short} ({keyword})”,"{title}"]

0 Likes

Yes it is not working in the regular (stable release 0.7.6) version, this is just included in the testing version for now. I will underline that in the post on the website.

The behaviour of “show_log_panel_on” is also fixed in that version, that was a silly mistake in 0.7. Since the version 0.8 is close to a release I will leave that tiny bug in 0.7.

Sure it is possible to format the cite_panel with exactly what you said. This one is (should be) located in the default setting file:

"cite_panel_format":  "#{key}: {title}", "{type} ({origin}) by {author}" ]

Here also the documentation for the development version with a guide how to setup zotero etc…

Cheers
Chris

0 Likes

I am a little confused about the different versions of Latexing (my problems might also be connected to that).
I am still using ST2 for most of my work and the Latexing package is on version 0.5.8. Is that the most recent version for ST2 or does Latexing3 work in ST2?

The other question is about the oauth package required for zotero etc support. The only package I can find is oauthlib. I assume you mean that one?

Thanks!

0 Likes

and I follow: Now I tried version 0.8 in ST3 but I am getting this error when I am trying to compile with this setting “show_log_panel_on”: false:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/Applications/Sublime Text.app/Contents/MacOS/sublime_plugin.py", line 524, in run_
    return self.run(**args)
  File "/Development/LaTeXing3/latexing/compiler.py", line 62, in run
TypeError: argument of type 'bool' is not iterable

When I remove “show_log_panel_on”: false from the setting files the error is slightly different:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/Applications/Sublime Text.app/Contents/MacOS/sublime_plugin.py", line 524, in run_
    return self.run(**args)
  File "/Development/LaTeXing3/latexing/compiler.py", line 44, in run
AttributeError: 'LtxCompilerCommand' object has no attribute 'logPanel'

Also, I am ask for my license when I am trying to compile although I have entered one.

0 Likes

Hi Gregor,

after you asked the last time for the “show_log_panel_on” option (which is just available for the ST3 version) I was assuming you are on ST3. Indeed the new features are just coming to LaTeXing3 (also written on the website) which is the ST3 version of LaTeXing and working with Python 3.3.

The oauth libary is indeed oauthlib in the package control. I fixed that name in the documentation, sorry for the confusion.

Cheers
Chris

0 Likes

I just saw you posted in the meantime…

“show_log_panel_on” is a list so if you don’t wanna see anything just clear it by setting it to ] instead of false.

The second problem looks like you have to restart Sublime Text after the previous error, the compile process was started but there was a python error because of that boolean value. Sorry for that. If you have problem with your license just drop an email at info at latexing.com and we will figure that out.

Cheers
Chris

0 Likes

works perfectly now… thanks!

0 Likes

I installed the plugin on ST2 but I keep on getting this error when using the Check System option. I use Miktex and has latexmk and texcount and the necessary directories are already in the path.

0 Likes

Can you run latexmk from the cmd? As default latexmk is not installed on MikTeX, you have to run it once from the command prompt window and then it will be fetched automatically. If that is not solving the problem please check the python console for the detected path for your system.

import os
os.environ"PATH"]
0 Likes

I see. When I try running latekmk from the command prompt, I get this error:

Can't locate loadable object for module IO in @INC (@INC contains: C:/Program Files (x86)/MiKTeX 2.9/miktex/lib .) at C:/Program Files (x86)/MiKTeX 2.9/miktex/lib/IO/Handle.pm line 266 Compilation failed in require at C:/Program Files (x86)/MiKTeX 2.9/miktex/lib/IO/Handle.pm line 266. BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at C:/Program Files (x86)/MiKTeX 2.9/miktex/lib/IO/Handle.pm line 266. Compilation failed in require at C:/Program Files (x86)/MiKTeX 2.9/miktex/lib/IO/Seekable.pm line 101. BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at C:/Program Files (x86)/MiKTeX 2.9/miktex/lib/IO/Seekable.pm line 101. Compilation failed in require at C:/Program Files (x86)/MiKTeX 2.9/miktex/lib/IO/File.pm line 133. BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at C:/Program Files (x86)/MiKTeX 2.9/miktex/lib/IO/File.pm line 133. Compilation failed in require at C:/Program Files (x86)/MiKTeX 2.9/miktex/lib/FileHandle.pm line 9. Compilation failed in require at C:\Program Files (x86)\MiKTeX 2.9\scripts\latexmk\perl\latexmk.pl line 120. BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at C:\Program Files (x86)\MiKTeX 2.9\scripts\latexmk\perl\latexmk.pl line 120.

Is there other pre-requisites to run latexmk? I can see that this is no longer related to Latexing but I’ll appreciate if you guys can help. I’m fine with creating a new thread if it’s necessary so as not to highjack this one.

0 Likes

No bother, do you have perl installed (see here if not)? Normally I always prefer to install MiKTeX simple in “C:/MiKTeX” to avoid problems with spaces in your path but that problem what I had was versions ago and shouldn’t related to this one here.

0 Likes

That’s it. I got it to work now. Thank you very much and keep up the good work! :smiley:

EDIT: What should be the value of pdf_viewer_windows? The directory for SumatraPDF is already on the PATH if it’s needed. (no spaces on the path to Sumatra as well. Looking at the log:

Exception in thread Thread-45: Traceback (most recent call last): File ".\threading.py", line 532, in __bootstrap_inner File "./latexing/threads.py", line 142, in run File ".\subprocess.py", line 633, in __init__ File ".\subprocess.py", line 842, in _execute_child WindowsError: [Error 2] The system cannot find the file specified

0 Likes

Normally it should work if SumatraPDF is on your path. Additionally to the path LaTeXing searched at the following locations for SumatraPDF:

C:\\Program Files\\SumatraPDF\\SumatraPDF.exe
C:\\Program Files (X86)\\SumatraPDF\\SumatraPDF.exe

If you place it somewhere there it should definitely work, please check your path if you are unsure like above explained.

If you are fancy to try ST3 and LaTeXing3 give it a try. You can define the path to the viewer in your path and many more features like Math Mode, Zotero, Mendeley, Partial Build etc…

Cheers
Chris

0 Likes

Nice plugin.

I’m trying to use on Linux, I have both Okular and Evince installed, but nothing happens when evince is first in ‘pdf_viewer_linux’:

"pdf_viewer_linux": "Evince", "/usr/bin/evince" ], "Okular", "/usr/bin/okular" ] ],

➜  ~  ls -al /usr/bin/evince
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 413760 Jul  9 13:53 /usr/bin/evince

If I comment out the evince line then Okular opens, but ST3’s status is stuck on ‘Opening…’

0 Likes