Sublime Forum

Anaconda (Python autocompletion/linter/IDE) [ST3]

Hi.

I created a new plugin for autocomplete and linting in Python all-in-one. It uses the Jedi library for autocompletion purposes and for linting is basically as good as SublimeLinter (is mainly based on it). The plugin complete and lint for the version of python that you have confihgured in your PATH or just whatever interpreter you define in your project configuration or in the global plugin configuration.

You can get it from package control just installing “Anaconda” or just clone it from github into your Packages directory

The repo URL is: github.com/DamnWidget/anaconda

Any feedback is welcome, any contribution is more than welcome.

P.S: Documentation in the Github project web site

0 Likes

Lot of features has been added to anaconda since the first announcement.

Improvements:

• Now all the requests are performed asynchronous so the plugin never blocks your ST3
  • Full support for Linux, Mac OS X and Windows
  • Jedi library has been updated to last version, that fix some modules and packages not being completed

Features:

• Linting trigger runs now in a separate thread, all the delayed queue stuff from Sublime Linter has been just removed, now triggering run flawless and smother than Sublime Linter does
  • PyLint has been added as alternative to PyFlakes + Pep8 so you can choose which one to use in the configuration file
  • Now you can just turn the linter off in certain files
  • AutoPEP8 command has been added to format files to follow PEP8 automatically (this runs asynchronous but it’s really slow, some work has to be done yet)
  • GoTo definition elsewhere it is defined
  • Find usages elsewhere them are defined
  • Show package/module/class/method/function documentation
  • Secure refactor rename

Available through Package Control or cloning github.com/DamnWidget/anaconda

0 Likes

Version 1.1.0 released

Changes in 1.1.0

• Added linters rc configuration files support
  • Added vagrant boxes python environments support (code in your machine run the linter/autocompleter in a vagrant box)
  • Port gutter mark icon themes from SublimeLinter
  • Added vagrant commands support
  • Debug mode for jsonserver added

Lots of fixes and improvements

0 Likes

I just started using it and its working great. Wanted to thank you for your hard work and keep it up!

0 Likes

I’m trying out Sublime Text (3) and Anaconda, and I can’t get PyLint linting to work properly. The file I’m working on is correctly linted the first time (either on open or on the first save, depending on whether I’m using "anaconda_linting_behaviour": "save-only" or not), but subsequent updates/saves don’t result in an update to the PyLint report. PEP8 is updated as expected, but PyLint warnings/errors persist from the first run; they continue to be reported against the original line numbers, even when the contents of the file has changed – in fact, I can erase the content of the file entirely and replace it with a series of line breaks, and Anaconda continues to show PyLint errors and warnings against empty lines.

I suspect I might be in a minority using PyLint with Anaconda, and so it’s possible it might be a bug, but I wanted to post here before filing anything at github. Does anyone have any suggestions? I haven’t yet been able to work out how to debug this issue properly either – if anyone can point me in the right direction there, I’d be grateful too.

Thanks!

wilo

0 Likes

Why name it Anaconda? There is already a Python project called that. It’s by the SciPy crowd and packages up many numeric, data and graphing tools. Even the packaging system and updater is called Conda where Anaconda is the whole thing.

Please consider renaming this. Or am I the only one confused by this second use of the name?

0 Likes

It’s not like you want to install a graphing tool and you end up by saying: darn, i just installed a damn linter instead! :open_mouth:

0 Likes

[quote=“iamntz”]

It’s not like you want to install a graphing tool and you end up by saying: darn, i just installed a damn linter instead! :open_mouth:[/quote]

No, but having two python “projects” sharing the same name clutters search engine results.

0 Likes