Sublime Forum

Package Control 2.0

If you delete the file from Installed Packages and try the install again you should be good. I reverted an import cange that had been added just before launch to make some ST2 upgrades easier.

0 Likes

Wow, congrats! This is amazing for the ST community. I also saw that Package control has 1.8 million installs! Crazy!

Considering that you put a massive amount of work into this and don’t even point to the donation page yourself, I will do it: sublime.wbond.net/say_thanks
I just sent $15 dollar and hope others are doing the same!

0 Likes

Where is the syntax for repository.json now defined for version 2.0 of the schema? For example to specify compatability with both ST2 and ST3 but targetting only Windows platform?

sublime.wbond.net/docs/developers

The link to example-repository.json there is broken.

0 Likes

THANK YOU SO MUCH!

The new website is amazing.

0 Likes

[quote=“robertcollier4”]Where is the syntax for repository.json now defined for version 2.0 of the schema? For example to specify compatability with both ST2 and ST3 but targetting only Windows platform?

sublime.wbond.net/docs/developers

file.
The link to example-repository.json there is broken.[/quote]

Yeah, sorry, there are still some things for me to clean up that I forgot in the first pass. I think I slept about 16 hours total in the past five days. :smile:

Here is a temporary link until I get the python3 branch merged into master:

raw.github.com/wbond/sublime_pa … itory.json

0 Likes

Thanks for the update, works great!

0 Likes

Very happy to see this come to fruition. You have done awesome work for the ST community and I want to say thanks first of all.

Unfortunately, when I try following the instructions for installation, I get :

>>> import urllib.request,os; pf = 'Package Control.sublime-package'; ipp = sublime.installed_packages_path(); urllib.request.install_opener( urllib.request.build_opener( urllib.request.ProxyHandler()) ); open(os.path.join(ipp, pf), 'wb').write(urllib.request.urlopen( 'http://sublime.wbond.net/' + pf.replace(' ','%20')).read())
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
  File "X/urllib/request.py", line 160, in urlopen
  File "X/urllib/request.py", line 479, in open
  File "X/urllib/request.py", line 591, in http_response
  File "X/urllib/request.py", line 511, in error
  File "X/urllib/request.py", line 451, in _call_chain
  File "X/urllib/request.py", line 696, in http_error_302
  File "X/urllib/request.py", line 473, in open
  File "X/urllib/request.py", line 496, in _open
  File "X/urllib/request.py", line 451, in _call_chain
  File "X/urllib/request.py", line 1314, in unknown_open
urllib.error.URLError: <urlopen error unknown url type: https>
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/opt/sublime_text/sublime_plugin.py", line 680, in update_compressed_packages
    multi_importer.loaders = [ZipLoader(p) for p in pkgs]
  File "/opt/sublime_text/sublime_plugin.py", line 680, in <listcomp>
    multi_importer.loaders = [ZipLoader(p) for p in pkgs]
  File "/opt/sublime_text/sublime_plugin.py", line 588, in __init__
    z = zipfile.ZipFile(zippath, 'r')
  File "X/zipfile.py", line 910, in __init__
  File "X/zipfile.py", line 944, in _GetContents
  File "X/zipfile.py", line 959, in _RealGetContents
zipfile.BadZipFile: File is not a zip file

This is for ST3 on Ubuntu 12.04. If any other information would help, please ask.

0 Likes

What an amazing contribution, thank you @wbond.

How can we add/change/remove the ST2/ST3 tags that appear next to every package on the website? Of my two packages, one incorrectly appears as ST2-only, the other has no tag whatsoever.

0 Likes

Love the new website. Suggestions:

1. Have the Search box visible always as part of the top menu. Also, the search box being of font-size 2.5em is too large making it disorienting to the site layout and organization. The search box is supposed to be a sub element - that means it is supposed to be smaller than the main Site Title - but instead its current size of 2.5em puts it on par with the main Site Title. The size of the search-box should be the same as that of the titles of the search results that it gives which is font-size 1.4em (h3).

2. The section heading is unnecessary and sometimes confusing since it is sometimes confused for a menu navigation item on the page. Perhaps remove it since it is already known which section it is from the highlight. Otherwise if you are going to keep the section heading, then there should be a line separator below it so that it is understood that it is not part of the page content but part of the top menu navigational template / breadcrumb area.
    http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/8899/s4ts.gif
    http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/9250/l8hj.gif

0 Likes

WOW! wbond, Amazing, I was not expecting that much! thanks a lot! :smile:

0 Likes

That’s another beautiful piece of work from Mr. Bond. I’ve added to the appreciation for this important contribution to the Sublime ecosystem:

sublime.wbond.net/say_thanks

0 Likes

Thank you !
I just made a donation.

0 Likes

My package uses a manual packages.json file to specify Windows-only compatability. However I am concerned that now defining packages.json schema 2.0 there will break backwards compatability. If I now use schema 2.0 for packages.json - what will happen to the users who are still using the old version of the package control plugin?

Is it possible to specify both the schema 1.2 and schema 2.0 in packages.json - so that it will work for both old and new users of the package control plugin?

0 Likes

well done,thank you!

0 Likes

Grats

0 Likes

What is the suggested course of action to upgrade ST3 from the existing Package Control to this?
Just delete the package control folder then go through the installation on the site?

0 Likes

[quote=“Saxi”]What is the suggested course of action to upgrade ST3 from the existing Package Control to this?
Just delete the package control folder then go through the installation on the site?[/quote]

Just do Package Control: Upgrade Package, then select “Package Control” as the package to be upgraded. It’s so easy it hardly seems possible.

0 Likes

[quote=“Stubblechunks”]

[quote=“Saxi”]What is the suggested course of action to upgrade ST3 from the existing Package Control to this?
Just delete the package control folder then go through the installation on the site?[/quote]

Just do Package Control: Upgrade Package, then select “Package Control” as the package to be upgraded. It’s so easy it hardly seems possible.[/quote]

That doesn’t work if you were using an alpha version :frowning: Whenever I check for updates it says I’m using alpha 6 and if I check again after upgrading it says the same thing. Installing with the code from the site doesn’t work. I might need to delete the folder and go through the installation.

0 Likes

That’s totally weird. I was using Alpha 6, and it upgraded just fine.

– I take it back. I thought it upgraded, but in fact it failed silently. My apologies for the bum steer.

0 Likes

Awesome work. Thanks for taking the time to do this project. Just made a small donation.

Keep it up.

0 Likes