Sublime Forum

Sublime SFTP and FTP Plugin (w/ Remote Browsing)

[quote=“wbond”]Just an update for everyone, I have a preliminary port to ST3 running locally. I need some more time and testing before I release it. Hopefully you should all see something in a week or two.

Sorry for it taking so long, but thank you for your patience![/quote]

In Sat 3 weeks from this post. I miss for quick ftp upload in ST3.

0 Likes

Any news on the update to ST3 yet?

0 Likes

SFTP is ported to ST3, but the issue is distribution since the .pyc files are different for Python 2.6 (Sublime Text 2) and Python 3.3 (Sublime Text 3).

I’ve been making a really big push the past few weeks to finish up Package Control 2.0 so that I can distribute SFTP for ST3. With any luck I should be releasing it all within 24-48 hours.

0 Likes

[quote=“wbond”]SFTP is ported to ST3, but the issue is distribution since the .pyc files are different for Python 2.6 (Sublime Text 2) and Python 3.3 (Sublime Text 3).

I’ve been making a really big push the past few weeks to finish up Package Control 2.0 so that I can distribute SFTP for ST3. With any luck I should be releasing it all within 24-48 hours.[/quote]

That sounds awesome! Thanks for the effort :smile: Really looking forward to it!

0 Likes

amazing news!

0 Likes

Im getting the following error with all my sites and the latest sftp plugin in sublime 2 on linux and mac:

2013-08-10 18:48:28, SFTP Unknown Error:
------------------------------------------------------------
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “./sftp/ftp_transport.py”, line 186, in handle_ftp_error
File “./sftp/ftp_transport.py”, line 74, in do_connect
File “./sftp/ftp_transport.py”, line 48, in create
AttributeError: ‘tuple’ object has no attribute ‘major’

0 Likes

I am having the same problem too on my Mac right after I did a system update on my Mac…

2013-08-10 13:54:21, SFTP Unknown Error:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “./sftp/ftp_transport.py”, line 186, in handle_ftp_error
File “./sftp/ftp_transport.py”, line 74, in do_connect
File “./sftp/ftp_transport.py”, line 48, in create
AttributeError: ‘tuple’ object has no attribute ‘major’

0 Likes

If you run Upgrade Package, you’ll see version 1.11.1 which fixes this bug.

0 Likes

Just upgraded and can confirm that it fixes the bug for me on Linux, thanks a lot.

0 Likes

[quote=“wbond”]SFTP is ported to ST3, but the issue is distribution since the .pyc files are different for Python 2.6 (Sublime Text 2) and Python 3.3 (Sublime Text 3).

I’ve been making a really big push the past few weeks to finish up Package Control 2.0 so that I can distribute SFTP for ST3. With any luck I should be releasing it all within 24-48 hours.[/quote]

Any news on this?

0 Likes

Package Control and SFTP are working with ST3. Since a few days … :wink:

0 Likes

:astonished: cool, SFTP works with ST3! :smile:

0 Likes

Mr. Bond is indeed on a tear. SFTP 1.11.3 installed from PC 2.0 in ST3 on OS X. I copied my ST2 Packages/User/sftp_servers directory and SFTP.sublime-settings file into ST3’s parallel location, and all seems well. That makes ST2 vestigial to my world. Good.

0 Likes

Hi,

I’m pretty new to Sublime Text and of course also Sublime FTP plugin - and thumbs up for this great plugin.

I have set xx to true. When I open Sublime Text, make changes to a file and hit save, I get the error “File not found” and in the console I get the following: “Validating remote folder “/public_html/” … failure (File not found)”. Afterwards I get a list of files and directories in the public_html folder. I don’t get the error the next time I hit save while the connection is still open. This time it says: “Validating remote folder “/public_html/” … success”.

It probably hasn’t anything to do with the plugin. But do you have any idea on what’s going on?

/Carl

0 Likes

Great, love it.

0 Likes

Is there a way to whitelist files instead of using ignore_regexes? I just want that one particular file always gets uploaded on save. Let’s say the file is called “test-file.txt”. I guess I can do that with ignore_regexes and negative lookahead but I have problems putting that together. Thanks!

0 Likes

This looks exactly like what I want how ever I can’t get it to connect to my Azure site.
Can it have anything to do with user names on Azure having a \ in them? I have added a double \ instead as it can’t even be saved with a single.
Should the host start with "ftp:// or without?

Thanks for creating this, hope I can get it working.

0 Likes

Hello !

Thx for good work!

But in some multi-user usage on remote, I think another option may be usefull: check for remote modification of file before upload it to Remote!!

Explanation:

1. MisterA download a file from Remote to Local
  2. MisterB edit the file and save the modification on Remote
  3. MisterA edit the file and save the modification on Local and upload it on Remote
  4. Result: MisterB loose his changes…

Solution:
Compare the “Remote last modification date” of the file with the “Download on local date” of the file (Hours+Minutes+Seconds) and propose an action to do for the user, like VIM:

WARNING: The file has been changed since reading it!!!
Do you really want to write to it (y/n)?

I have tried to find a solution with Remote options "confirm_overwrite_newer": true, without success…

PS: For further… I imagine you can also ask user for a merge solution!

Thanks!

0 Likes

Can I have one project with 30 sites as folders?

0 Likes

Hey there, thanks for this plugin.
It’s the best plugin i’ve ever used in sublime text and in any text editor.
This is really awesome.
I’ve a question thought, if you can make it so, that if i sync from remote to local or local to remote, it would automaticlly sync without any premisson needed.
Since i’ve big projects to manage and i need to wait to much until the sync is done and press yes.
Can you make it optional, i would really appreciate it.
Thank you.

0 Likes