Sublime Forum

[BUG] UI rendering artifacts

Version 2.0.2, Build 2221

Popups, chrome, etc are rendering as artifacts or completely black. See below:

Is there some way to disable all plugins/extensions/themes to see if that helps?

Not sure how to troubleshoot this or what’s the probable cause. I think I received an update.

0 Likes

Top and bottom of window pixelated
Sublime Text 2 has broken/gone crazy!

I had the same problem today, on Windows in my case. I guess you use a custom theme for your UI? Because that’s what triggered the bug for me.

If our problem is the same, then check your user-specific settings (Preferences -> Settings - User). Weird things have happened to “ignored_packages”, every custom package I had installed was listed there all of a sudden. Including the UI themes. That’s why all these artifacts suddenly appeared. Deleting these entries solved the problem instantly.

I suspect that the Package Control update is the culprit. ST worked until I’d seen the update message, then crashed. The UI was a mess from there on out.

Cheers, Michael

0 Likes

I was having the exact same problem as leoj3n. I followed _michael’s suggestion and it fixed the issue. I’m also thinking that it’s the Package Control update. Thanks for your help

0 Likes

Thanks! I’m guessing the package manager pushes everything to be ignored when updating, then pops everything off after the update completes, but in our cases failed to do the latter.

0 Likes

I also encountered this issue. Removing the ignored packages worked.

0 Likes

just encountered the same issue - does anyone know why this happens?

0 Likes

@_michael: you nailed it! I was freaking out for a moment there. Removing all of the ignored packages between the “” and “]” worked!

0 Likes