Home Download Buy Blog Forum Support

subscribe topic?

Re: subscribe topic?

Postby DisposaBoy on Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:43 am

This same question was posted a year and a half ago . trivially found by searching for the word "subscribe" viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2807
DisposaBoy
 
Posts: 23
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:39 pm

Re: subscribe topic?

Postby Saxi on Sat Jun 01, 2013 3:32 pm

DisposaBoy wrote:This same question was posted a year and a half ago . trivially found by searching for the word "subscribe" viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2807


Yeah I saw that a while ago, stupid reason as there are so many easy options for a mail server. Takes 60 seconds to setup and saves every customer a crap ton of time. But customers are not his priority, you can see that by the fact he doesn't even bother to answer 90% of the support questions asked. It's a shame, I love the app.
Saxi
 
Posts: 100
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:37 pm

Re: subscribe topic?

Postby DisposaBoy on Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:10 pm

Saxi wrote:
DisposaBoy wrote:This same question was posted a year and a half ago . trivially found by searching for the word "subscribe" viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2807

Takes 60 seconds to setup and saves every customer a crap ton of time.


lol, ok.
DisposaBoy
 
Posts: 23
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:39 pm

Re: subscribe topic?

Postby Saxi on Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:08 pm

DisposaBoy wrote:
Saxi wrote:
DisposaBoy wrote:This same question was posted a year and a half ago . trivially found by searching for the word "subscribe" viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2807

Takes 60 seconds to setup and saves every customer a crap ton of time.


lol, ok.


Most hosting solutions already have a mail server setup, you just have to point to it.
If he is doing his own, it's just a matter of installing EXIM or something, the default configuration is typically fine.
But yeah, that's too much work to save everyone from having to come back 5 times a day to see if anyone replied to a post. Cause you know we have nothing better to do.
Saxi
 
Posts: 100
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:37 pm

Re: subscribe topic?

Postby FichteFoll on Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:32 am

Strongly agree. Over the time I grew the habit of manually checking my "View your posts" page which contains all interesting and eventually updated stuff but there are surely better ways of doing so. The main problem is that I literally have to reply to a topic to keep myself updated about it, I like the way Discourse and Github handle this (easy opt-in noticfications which are still seperated from high priority notifications).
FichteFoll
 
Posts: 388
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:49 pm
Location: Germany

Re: subscribe topic?

Postby mindlube on Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:42 pm

OK so apparently the SublimeText author thinks "administering an email server" too much trouble & time intensive.

Kind of hard to believe... because just yesterday I needed to setup outgoing email notifications for a Couchbase cluster. On Ubuntu server it's simply

# sudo apt-get install postfix

It walks you through the configuration after installing. I had a working mail server, for outbound SMTP email notifications, in literally 5 minutes including time to lookup and learn how to do it. :twisted:
mindlube
 
Posts: 35
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:30 pm

Re: subscribe topic?

Postby Saxi on Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:32 pm

mindlube wrote:OK so apparently the SublimeText author thinks "administering an email server" too much trouble & time intensive.

Kind of hard to believe... because just yesterday I needed to setup outgoing email notifications for a Couchbase cluster. On Ubuntu server it's simply

# sudo apt-get install postfix

It walks you through the configuration after installing. I had a working mail server, for outbound SMTP email notifications, in literally 5 minutes including time to lookup and learn how to do it. :twisted:


My thoughts exactly, I think it's more the lack of respect for his customers. It's clear that is the case because he doesn't even respond to 99% of the support requests.
Saxi
 
Posts: 100
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:37 pm

Re: subscribe topic?

Postby itistoday on Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:03 pm

I can't believe how terrible the support here is. I've requested a refund.
itistoday
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:43 pm

Re: subscribe topic?

Postby Saxi on Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:23 pm

itistoday wrote:I can't believe how terrible the support here is. I've requested a refund.


The product is great, the support is non-existent.
Saxi
 
Posts: 100
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:37 pm

Re: subscribe topic?

Postby Tyree on Fri Oct 04, 2013 3:11 pm

Well, that answers my question. There is no way to subscribe. That's a pretty key part of a forum these days. LAME.
So, the developer of an app this great is intimidated by an email server? Um. ???
Tyree
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Sep 07, 2013 2:01 pm

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] and 27 guests