Sublime Forum

Sublime Text 2 - Instantly use modified snippets

Hey guys,

I’m using Sublime Text 2 on Windows 7 (64bit). My problem is that Sublime obviously don’t notices when I change a snippet file and uses the “old” snippet. If I want to use the “new” snippet I have to restart the editor.
This behaviour is new and Sublime used to instantly use the modified snippet but I’m not really sure what caused this. I took a look in my settings file, but I couldn’t find anything which could be the root of the problem.

A fresh portable version of Sublime Text 2 instantly notices any changes, so I believe it’s something specific about my installation.

UPDATE: The problem lies in the fact that I synchonize my userfolder with dropbox and link it to the packages-folder to give Sublime Text 2 access. Obviously Sublime doesn’t notice when something changes in that linked folder, in any other usual folder it works just fine.

Greetings
Zeeker

0 Likes

Probably „SnippetMaker” ? :smile:

If i were you, i’ll probably remove plugins one by one and see which one is the culprit.

0 Likes

Okay, I found the culprit. It’s neither a package or some settings.

I use Dropbox to synchronize my user folder, so I have access to my custom settings, snippets etc. on all my machines. To achieve this I have my user-folder in my dropbox and use a link on this folder to give Sublime Text access.
Obviously Sublime Text 2 doesn’t notice if something changes in this linked folder, if something is in usual folders (like Snippets in the LaTeX or the JavaScript folder) then it works just fine.

Guess I’ll have to live with that since I really have no idea how I could possible work around that.

Nethertheless thank you for your reply.

Greetings
Zeeker

0 Likes