Sublime Forum

Noob

hey Folks,

been looking at alot of editors and st2 seems far superior. I’ve tried coda, espresso etc and to be honest those are nice too. I started out mostly using GUIS etc but am finding out and learning that pure code is faster better etc.

There are some things that I am having trouble with transitioning.

1.) CssEdit. This is my fav tool by far. Typically I create the structure in html then go to this too and it is really cool. I know there is livereload and codekit but I can’t seem to find an equivalent workflow for this one.

2.) FTP - I am working towards a more modern workflow of git/beanstalk/server and am not clear on it yet, and some stuff is easier with ftp. I really liked how in dreamweaver/transit you can see both remote/local side by side. Is there such a feature?

Any tips advice are appreciated.

0 Likes

For (2), you can mount an SFTP filesystem on some operating systems. FUSE can help you on Linux, and OSXFUSE on OS X.

I’m not familiar with CSSEdit, but you can enable “save_on_focus_lost” to true in the ST config to save a step of saving your changes before refreshing your browser.

0 Likes

One option for FTP support is: wbond.net/sublime_packages/sftp

0 Likes

Here is a crazy tip (useful anywhere on… let’s say internet):
when you post on a forum, try to use a better title. Noob is not a good title. On the other hand, Couple of questions on CSS development/frontend workflow/etc might be a better choice.

As for your questions: you could try livestyle.emmet.io/ and SFTP plugin

0 Likes