Sublime Forum

HTML5 Default

Hello
I just discovered your editor and it’s great. But I have a few questions to ask you. How to determine the syntax HTML 5 by default?

0 Likes

Hello,
it should be set as default I think. since you seeing the “HTML” set as syntax - sublime is smart enough

0 Likes

[quote=“vladyn”]Hello,
it should be set as default I think. since you seeing the “HTML” set as syntax - sublime is smart enough[/quote]

Ok but where? sorry for my english

0 Likes

No answer?

0 Likes

Check under View -> Syntax. Also, I believe you have to install with a package the HTML5 syntax, but I might just be mistaken. :smile:

0 Likes

I have installed HTML 5 but when I close sublime text and I open it gives me plain text. So I am forced to select syntax in html 5

0 Likes

The syntax is Plain Text until you save the file with a extension or set it manually. You’ll see the current file’s syntax set in the bottom right corner.

Normal practice would be to create new file (⌘N), save (⌘S), give it the appropriate extension.

0 Likes

Yes, but knowing that I st2 mainly used for HTML and I use the snippet emmet, I have to select each time html

0 Likes

Try uninstalling Sublime and re-installing. It sounds like you hit a snag somewhere. Thankfully re-installing it takes only seconds (because it’s awesomely light)

0 Likes

This is what I do but it does not change anything. I think ST2 version of Mac OS 10.6.X is not very stable

0 Likes

Might want to make sure you’ve cleaned out the items within your Library folder.

sublimetext.com/docs/2/revert.html

0 Likes

As ElementOfOne mentioned, you need to whether change the syntax manually, or save the file to the appropiate extention. Everytime I create a new file (for HTML work), I firstly save it as an HTML file and then the syntax is updating automatically.

So no, ST is not broken and it’s very stable.

0 Likes

[quote=“subhaze”]Might want to make sure you’ve cleaned out the items within your Library folder.

sublimetext.com/docs/2/revert.html[/quote]

I uninstalled everything ST2 but impossible to HTML5 by default

0 Likes

I add sublime-DefaultFileType , in Packages\Default File Type\default_file_type.sublime-settings I add { "default_new_file_syntax": "Packages/HTML5/Syntaxes/HTML 5.tmLanguage", "use_current_file_syntax": false }

0 Likes