Sublime Forum

Random window issues and display corruption

Hi all,

Been using ST2 for a while now and really love it. I have just moved to a new workstation (new SSD, new processor same graphics card) and am now experiencing very odd display corruption with the ST2 app. Every other app i have tried so far works fine.

Say i open ST2 10 times. 7 times i will just get two thick black lines over the left panel and bottom status bar (see screen shot 1), 2 times the app appears to load fine but syntax highlighting doesn’t work and 1 time out of 10 everything will be fine.

SS1:

SS2:

I have tried reinstalling ST2 and updating to the latest graphics drivers. Nothing seems to help.

Any ideas?

Thanks a lot - i would hate to have to ditch ST2 because of this

0 Likes

Any ideas? Its really frustrating…

Ive uploaded a copy and paste of my ST2 console on startup (see here: pastebin.com/V0vhmGEf), but cant see anything wrong…?

0 Likes

Update: OK so i wondered whether the fact my %APPDATA% was on a network drive could be an issue, so i downloaded the portable version straight to my C:\ and everything appears to be working ok… Has anyone else had these type of issues with ST2 and roaming profiles?

EDIT: OK, so everything seems to work fine by using the portable version locally. My question now becomes, is there a way to change the location of the DATA directory (usually %APPDATA%/Sublime Text 2) so i can use the full product (inc dev builds)?

0 Likes

I have exactly the same issue, which has started since our corporate desktop build was changed and %APPDATA% now exists on a network location.

As well as the display corruption I find that packages I have installed (e.g. SFTP, syntax highlighters) only load some of the time. Getting a session where the display is good and all my packages have loaded can take lots of attempts. I often don’t manage at all and have to live without something.

Changing the location of the data directory would be a workaround - I’d like Sublime to work properly with this folder redirected to the network, so that I get all my custom packages and settings wherever I log in.

0 Likes

Any update to this? I’m having this same issue, out of seemingly nowhere (no recent changes or addons). (Using Sublime Text 2 (32-bit) on Windows 7 x64)

There’s an inordinate amount of visual GUI corruption, to the point where I can no longer see tabs or the side bar.

Restarting the program and rebooting the machine have done nothing to avail the issue. It’s possible that this coincided with a changing of video card drivers, however. I hadn’t used ST2 in the time immediately preceding/following the changing of drivers, but it is possible that they’re connected. The visual corruption is much like the known visual corruption in Firefox when used with AMD cards.

(I’m using an AMD 7950 with 13.8 BETA2 drivers)

0 Likes

I have a similar problem:

Any idea how to get this working? It happens an awful lot. Sometimes restarting helps, sometimes it doesn’t.

0 Likes

Replying to the original issue: I ran into this out of the blue, at least I didn’t do anything consciously to break sublime. After removing the “theme” line from my user config and restarting, sublime look non-broken again. I then removed and re-installed the Soda Theme and pasted the same config line as before. It now works again.

0 Likes

I can confirm from BUGMENOT!'s post that the theme is the problem. I found my solution here: https://forum.sublimetext.com/t/problem-with-gui/13180/1

I was seeing both the graphics issues above, as well as the ones in the thread I posted.

0 Likes